• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 20, 2021

    Build a PC: Simple Questions - June 20, 2021

    Build a PC: Simple Questions - June 20, 2021


    Simple Questions - June 20, 2021

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 05:00 AM PDT

    This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we strongly suggest checking the sidebar and the wiki before posting!). Please don't post involved questions that are better suited to a [Build Help], [Build Ready] or [Build Complete] post.
    Examples of questions suitable for here:

    • Is this RAM compatible with my motherboard?
    • I'm thinking of getting a ≤$300 graphics card. Which one should I get?
    • I'm on a very tight budget and I'm looking for a case ≤$50

    Remember that Discord is great places to ask quick questions as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/livechat

    Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

    Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for r/buildapc mods? We welcome your mod mail!

    Looking for all the Simple Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? This link is now in the sidebar below the yellow Rules section.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    It's done.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 08:42 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/Sxp3w5P

    6 years since my last build, it was time to upgrade. Looks like I picked a bad time to do it (as usual). But I've done it.

    Finally managed to get my hands on a GPU last week after having every other part ready for over 3 months. Original plan was to go full custom loop, but I completely chickened out given how expensive everything else was. It was 6 years since I last built anything, and would have been first time water cooling, so I stuck with air cooling (for now). Not brave enough yet.

    Specs:

    Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus x570 Master
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5950x
    GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ti SUPRIM X 12G
    RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3200Mhz White
    Case: Corsair 5000d White
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Black
    Case Cooling: 10x Corsair LL120
    PSU: Seasonic TX-750
    M.2: 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB
    SSD: 1x Crucial MX500 2 TB (From old computer)
    HDD: 2x WD Black 4TB (From old computer)
    OS: Windows 10 64bit Professional

    Build notes & Problems Encountered:

    • Think my MOBO might be slightly faulty. Q-Flash plus button would not work no matter what. Tried about 4 different USB sticks with the file name correct. Same problem every time: The red LED would come on for a few seconds, flash like crazy, then stay solid like it'd given up reading. I had no idea if the bios would have supported Ryzen 5000, but thankfully was already on F30. So that was one arse clenching moment powering for the first time.

    • Error code on mobo always shows AA but after a short period of time after booting in (as in completely logged into Windows), it switches to A0... don't quite know what that means.

    • Mobo onboard power button sometimes wouldn't work. Had to remove psu and turn it on again and very quickly hit power, otherwise wouldn't respond.

    • Taking off the GPU was a nightmare. I broke off the plastic retention tab trying to take it out. Thankfully it broke off in one piece and I was able to get it back on with a little bit of force.

    • Cable management in this case while also trying to make use of the drive cage & HDD's and all 10 fans was a nightmare. You have to have enough space for the cable mass behind the PSU and yet not have it block the drive cage and not pull out any of the sata cables. There's very little room to work with, especially if you are using the plate that covers the side intake fans and the plastic cover for the bottom part of the case. I ended up having to unhook the thumbscrews from the cage and just pushing it as far back as I could get it without it interfering with the side fans. So it's completely loose in the case.

    • Anyone who's thinking of getting the 5000D: The side fan bracket: There's a screw that's holding this in place thats underneath the cable tie on the preinstalled cable management channel. You have to take this channel off to get access to the screw. I've ended up warping the metal bracket for the fans a bit trying to take it off (too much force) and screwing it back down was difficult.

    • Ryzen would constantly heat spike, sending all my fans into overdrive every few minutes. Tried changing the fan curve since I kept reading heat spikes were normal - didn't really help me. I eventually found a solution here - Changed Power Plan> Advanced settings> Processor power management> Maximum processor state> and changed it from 100% to 99%. Compeltely solved my problem (WTF?)

    • Dominator RAM is very occasionally stopping being detected leaving all the LED's in a stuck state (I've got a colour pulse going down the strips). Think this had to do with a software conflict with all the different manufacturers rgb software as it hasn't done it since I changed the startup apps to only start ICUE. (Seriously why the fuck can't we get all these companies together to just agree on one bit of software to control it all argghhh)

    • I thought I could smell smoke coming from my build and I fucking shat myself. No. It's just my neighbours having a barbecue and I was smelling the smoke coming in from the window... Those inconsiderate cunts! (This is sarcasm if I need to make that clear)

    • Thought my screens were flickering and acting weird and was fearing the worst for the GPU. Nope. Just forgot to update the refresh rate in NVidia control panel.

    • The thermal paste that comes with the noctua came out a little "solid". Previous two times I've built, the paste kind of "gooped" out, but this stuff matched the shape of the nozzle and didn't really deform too much. I don't know if that's just a noctua thermal paste thing, or if I had a bad batch. Not noticed major temp issues, so I assume it's okay.

    • Ninite is awesome!

    • I fucking love RGB.

    Future:

    • I might at somepoint get rid of the noctua and go for an AIO. I really underestimated how massive it is, and it made removing the GPU really difficult.

    • Full custom loop once I'm convinced it all works and is stable?... (Lol nope)


    Desk accessories as well for those who have looked at the imgur album:
    Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
    Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Brown Switches)
    Audio Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
    Mic Amp: Cloudlifter Cl-1
    Mic: Shure SM7B Microphone
    Boom arm: Rode PSA1
    Headphones: Sennheiser HD650 (In dire need of replacement, no foam padding inside the ear cups anymore so literally ear on metal contact)
    KMSwitch: UGreen so I can use my Mic/Keyboard/Mouse/Xbox controller for work (my work PC is under my desk, thanks covid!) (I'm a game developer (TT Games))
    Webcam: No idea, it was given to me by work for WFH, I have no idea what it is
    Tripod: Cheap as fuck
    Monitors: Dell S2716dg
    Desktop Monitor Mounts: Ergotron LX Desk mounts (White)
    Chair: Steelcase Gesture
    Plant: Sansiveria

    Think that covers it. Thanks for looking. One happy chappy here.

    submitted by /u/DrumminOmelette
    [link] [comments]

    DONT re-paste your GPU

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 10:37 PM PDT

    Dont re-paste your GPU unless you're having temperature issues.

    70c isn't high. 70c under light to no load is higher than you would expect but you should look up your GPU by brand and see if it has known issues and what other people are seeing. If your GPU is acting normally for others who have it, DONT do anything unless you want to do something for no particular reason at all.

    DONT worry about buying the best thermal paste you can buy. Most people are not going to get a noticeable impact difference between a decent one and a great one.

    Do, look up a guide and info for your GPU before getting too into it. People smarter than you or me, have your GPU and have solved all the outlier issues with it. They have done weird extreme things to it for no good reason or for very good reasons and they have written it down in a guide. So type in your gpu into your favorite search and look it up. Listen to the smart people and not the people on this sub who are often very inexperienced and very enthusiastic to share their very very narrow experience as if it's universal.

    Dont break down your GPU before you've found a guide for the tare-down that's focused on re-applying thermal paste/pads. (You can ignore this advice if you know why you can ignore this advice. If dont know why you, specifically can ignore this advice, you should follow it.)

    Have some cleaning agents, probably isopropyl in some form. Your guide will probably tell you some good things. If you already know what you need you didn't need any of my advice in the first place.

    DO NOT "generously apply thermal paste." This is a horrible idea and horrible advice. It's not the worst advice, the worst advice would be to either skip it or be extremely sparing. Your guide probably has good advice for your GPU. Follow it. But, here's the real real in all thermal paste BS. Direct contact between your cooler and the processing unit is best. But, there will always be microscopic divots. These hold air. Air is an amazing thermal insulator. You want a thermal conductor. Those things are opposite. Too much thermal paste and you're going to have a shittier thermal conduction. Not enough thermal paste and you're going to have a VERY shitty thermal conduction. Shitty is better than VERY shitty. So, if you dont know better, try for good, but error on the side of shitty. Too much is better than not enough, but aim for the right amount.

    Lastly, dont do a burn in at max right off the bat. Thats stupid. Start up your PC and pull up your favorite temperature monitor. See how it's idling compared to before. If you're good, start up something light. Hopefully you're good. If that's good start up something that is medium heavy. like 50-75% load. Watch your temps for 2-5 min. If it stalls out at a reasonable level and stays stable then you're ready for your burn in. Run a benchmarking tool while watching the temps. Hopefully you ran one before the tare-down so you can see if your hard work paid off. Compare the two. If your thermals are the same, Congratulations, you learned something new but did it for no reason other than the education. Hopefully your temps are lower. AWESOME! You did a good job. Your computer will probably work better and you learned something. If your temperatures are worse, you messed up. If it's only a couple degrees, maybe it's not worth it. If its more than 10, congratulations, you F-d up. You should do some more research but you need to fix that ASAP. You've now dug yourself a hole you might not be able to get yourself out of. Try to see where you went wrong, and if you have no clue and a 2n'd attempt still leaves you much worse off, well I hope you have a smart friend you can call. If you took pictures along the way, This sub might be able to help you, but remember, this sub also got you into that mess. Be more careful about who you listen to in this sub.

    Again, don't re-paste your GPU unless you're having issues. Unless you just want to do it for fun. It's your pc, you can do whatever you want. Fill it with peanut butter if you want! Its your choice.

    submitted by /u/hemorrhagicfever
    [link] [comments]

    First Gaming PC Build! Want to play 1440p High Frames, is this good?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 09:39 AM PDT

    Case: CORSAIR 4000D AIRFLOW

    Processor (CPU): AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Six Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.6GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)

    Motherboard: ASUS STRIX B550-F GAMING

    Memory (RAM): 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)

    Graphics Card: 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070

    M.2 SSD Drive: 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe

    Power Supply: CORSAIR 750W RMx or 850W?

    Processor Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S or Cooler Master Hyper 212?

    Price: £1800

    submitted by /u/Carsondee
    [link] [comments]

    When did you pre-order your graphics card and have you received it? I've been waiting 6 months.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    I understand there's a shortage, I expected a long wait, but this is getting ridiculous.

    I'm in the UK and pre-ordered a Sapphire 6800XT OC SE from ebuyer back in January, but I still don't even have an estimate. What annoys me is they are using these cards in their prebuilt systems and selling them right now - not pre-order - I can buy the card I want by buying a prebuild from them today. When I bought the card I also hit their anti-fraud system and they asked for every personal document you can think of to prove I owned the card which also was a generally terrible experience.

    Surely they know how many cards they are receiving from their supplier each month and they know what position I am in the 'queue', so surely I should at least have some kind of rough estimate for delivery. My guess is they don't share this as they think when people see the estimate they would instantly cancel their order.

    What I'm trying to understand is whether my situation is unique, or whether everyone who has pre-ordered is generally waiting this long.

    When did you buy? When did you get the card? Are you still waiting?

    And finally is there anything that you did that sped up the process.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/wallace1231
    [link] [comments]

    Best thermal paste for longevity in heavy gaming?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 01:13 PM PDT

    I would like a paste I can apply to both the CPU and GPU. I have never applied paste, and I would like to only have to do it every very long period, but I know heavy gaming is hard on the paste.

    I've been looking at MX4 and MX5, but I'm not sure how well they perform on heavy RTX and 8 Core Ryzen PCs.

    Also, I don't need to apply the paste to anything else right?

    submitted by /u/pennylessz
    [link] [comments]

    GTX 970 vs R9 290?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 11:09 AM PDT

    Hi all, I am in the process of choosing a GPU for my first PC build, and I am having trouble deciding between the R9 290 and the GTX 970 to use alongside an i5 11400 CPU. I plan to use my PC for school and light gaming (Rocket League, FIFA) on a dual-monitor setup. I have a few questions:

    1. Are both of these cards viable for these activities?
    2. Which of these two options are better value (both ~170 USD)? Are they worth the price in the current market?
    submitted by /u/aphan19
    [link] [comments]

    My video cards are overheating and I don't know why

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 01:07 PM PDT

    I have two 1080Ti FEs and one of them will immediately reach 84 degrees under load with fan speed on 100%. The other card is not much better. I have no idea why they are getting so hot, I've opened them up and swapped their pads and thermal paste, cleaned as much dust as I could from them, and I've run the computer without the glass side panel to ensure they are getting plenty of air. Still, nothing has changed. I know these cards tend to run hot, but clearly something is up and I'm totally puzzled.

    submitted by /u/yeetgod__
    [link] [comments]

    No sound via Audio jacks front or back, but HDMI works fine

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 10:49 AM PDT

    The problem I am having is that the audio jacks seem to be disabled and sound only works through the HDMI, which is frustrating as I can't use the rear, front jacks or even a microphone. Any headphones I plug into the jack won't even get detected as audio on windows the only thing there is "Nvidia HD Audio". Here is what I have tried so far. Uninstalled the Geforce driver, re-installing deselecting the HD audio driver (no success) Disabled all HD and HDMI sound in sound manager and set Realtek audio as default (no success) Uninstalled and deactivated the HD Audio manually in the Bios (no Succsess) unplugged the front jacks, and only use rear ones (no success) Re-installed older drivers, for both audio and graphics ( no success) And finnaly I re-installed the entire operating system, currently running a new crisp installation, and STILL NOT WORKING. I have googled the problem and thus far have not managed to fix it, I need help as the audio via 3.5mm audio jacks will not work, regardless if I am connected to HDMI or DVI. As far as I could find out the Graphics card has hijacked the on-board sound card and disabled it.

    Motherboard - MSI B450M Bazooka Max WiFi AMD AM4 microATX Motherboard Graphics card - Nvidia 3070 Processor - Ryzen 3600x Operating System- Windows 10 Pro

    submitted by /u/nickyb123_
    [link] [comments]

    Win 98 / DOS machine — Help confirming build parts + P-II vs P-III w/ ASUS P2B-F motherboard

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 01:02 PM PDT

    Building a Windows / 98 gaming rig.

    Goals:

    * Use gutted eMachines eTower 566 complete with infamous "Never Obsolete" sticker

    * Stable video card that supports DVI, VGA and composite out

    * Play Doom, Quake, Quake II, Blade Runner, Zork (and other text adventures).

    * Pentium III

    * SSD hard drive

    * Frugal budget

    I've been collecting miscellaneous parts for this build over the last several months. Here is what I have so far:

    * eMachines "Never Obsolete" tower case

    * ASUS P2B-F Intel Slot 1 440BX motherboard — rev. 1.0, but has updated voltage regulator chip that should handle Coppermine P-III

    * Pentium II 450mhz slot-1 processor

    * 512mb PC100 ram (4x128mb)

    * Enermax EG301P-VB 350 watt Power Supply

    * Chaintec GeForce FX 5200 128mb AGP (DVI, VGA, "TV Out")

    * VisionTek ATI Radeon 7000 64mb AGP (VTKRAD7K64)

    * Aopen(?) Cobra AW850 PCI Soundcard (w/ case-slot breakout connector board)

    Up front, I'm mostly an old school Mac guy. I've built a couple white box PCs in the K6-2/3 and early Athlon era (Windows 2000), and have done a ton of PC maintenance in office environments. But I wasn't in the DOS or early Windows scene when they were happening, so my knowledge there is really lacking.

    Acquiring the eMachines Tower is what really got this project started. For me it's the lynch pin for this build. Having it for the lulz is very much part of the fun in this project.

    I know the eMachines Tower really doesn't have the best ventilation. Because of that I'm obviously concerned about heat dissipation. My goal of P-III may be a non-starter because of that. And it may limit my graphics card options. I would rather have a stable and relatively quite system, and compromise on the retro-sleeper bragging rights of the processor and graphics card, as long as it can run my software goals well.

    I would really like the graphics card to drive three monitors simultaneously: An LCD flat panel via DVI (for the OS), an SVGA capable Multisync CRT via VGA (for games), and a Tandy 9" green phosphor monochrome monitor via composite (for Zork).

    Need some help discerning what graphics cards are compatible with the 2x AGP slot? Which graphics card capable of running the goal games well, and what will be the most stable (been reading that ATI drivers on Win 98 are flakey)?

    Pentium III goal is more of a "I want a Pentium III because it was cool in the day" and it'd be cool to spec out a Slot-1 1.33ghz P-III, but it's not a necessity. Because this motherboard has an updated voltage regulator chip, I believe I can take advantage of the cooler running Coppermine P-III's. So even if I'm not able to get the spec'd out 1.33ghz P-III, maybe there's a nice compromise somewhere between heat output and performance.

    Forego the P-III altogether? Is the P-II 450 (coupled with the correct graphic card) plenty of horsepower for the goal games?

    Recommendation for stable USB 2.0 card?

    Recommendation for stable IDE to SATA adapter (using a 240gb Kingston SATA SSD)?

    Gladly taking input on other things I may not have thought to ask.

    submitted by /u/aroneox
    [link] [comments]

    RAM stuck at 2133mhz when set to DOCP settings.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 11:35 AM PDT

    When I built my pc in March it was having this problem where I would switch it to DOCP or 3600mhz, and then it would bootloop, the set itself to 2133mhz. It works perfectly fine when set to 3200mhz, and whenever I was running RAM tests it was coming up with no problems, so I am asking you guys, when I probably should have asked in March.

    submitted by /u/Beaglederf
    [link] [comments]

    Double m.2 in Sff

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 12:50 PM PDT

    Just wrapping up my build in the meshlicious and when picking my parts i wanted to maximize my storage in this build and i prefer m.2 over hdd or ssd much cleaner end product. i planned on having a 1tb m.2 on the back side of the motherboard to install anything that isn't a game to and a 2tb for the primary slot of games. i'm just curious how good of an idea that is in a sandwich case that the top of the gpu will be less than an inch away from the secondary m.2. long story short am i going to cook the secondary drive if i do this.

    submitted by /u/Look_A_Wizard_
    [link] [comments]

    CPU Upgrade Recommendations

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 10:36 AM PDT

    Looking to upgrade my CPU due to slow boot times. I want something that will allow me to upgrade other components down the line (notably a GPU within the next year) and am not sure where to start or how nice of one to get. Would also be open to hearing other suggestions for upgrades!

    Build: Ryzen 5 3600 MSI B450 Tomahawk Max motherboard Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB memory tcsunbow x3 1tb 25 solid state drive Radeon RX 5700xt Meshify C Case Power supply: can't remember exactly but 850 w gold certified

    Edit: Thank you all for the suggestions! Seems like the consensus is the SSD. I read a few articles and am thinking about going with the Western Digital Black 1TB option, which PCGamer has listed as the fastest PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD around today. Hoping this helps. Thanks again!

    submitted by /u/ogonzales7
    [link] [comments]

    I'm upgrading my case, which one should I pick?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 11:04 PM PDT

    I'm usually the "black box underneath the desk" kind of PC guy, that's why it'd be great for the case to not have any outside RGB stuff.

    My requirements are as follows: space for an ATX motherboard, great airflow, sound dampening, integrated fan controller, space for a Dark Rock Pro 4, at least two 2.5" mounts, at least three 3.5" mounts (ideally space for many more drives), one 5.25" mount (external or behind a cover door), easy to build in.

    I want this case as a long-term solution which I'll keep for basically as long as I'll be using a tower PC.

    Price doesn't really matter, but it shouldn't cross the 150€ mark. I live in Germany, but the common brands usually are available here.

    submitted by /u/Fireworker2000
    [link] [comments]

    New 3070 gigabyte OC gaming from cyberpower crashing system

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 09:41 AM PDT

    Hi all, my new gpu is crashing my system. It started with green dots on splash screen at startup which often prevents me from logging into windows. Occasionally I am able to login to windows and play a game for 2 mins however the screen then goes dark and monitor enters power saving mode. The system then reboots itself. This did not happen with any hardware changes as it is a pre-built system. Interestingly safe mood works without issue. I am asking for further ideas as the support numbers for gigabyte and cyberpower are closed until Monday. Bootup green dots

    Steps taken: Reinstalled windows Reinstalled Nvidia drivers Undervolting to max 1v using afterburner Tried gpu in another computer no display shown Tried different psu, ram. Reset bios to default settings

    Any further thoughts r/buildapc ?

    submitted by /u/premiumorganic
    [link] [comments]

    Inexpensive ATX case recommendations + useful info for upgrading

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 11:36 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I'm making some upgrades to my PC. To summarise, I want a new CPU, but as I'm currently with a 4th-gen i5 I need to upgrade the motherboard, and new memory too (DDR3->DDR4), and as an old Dell Optiplex that won't accommodate a normal mobo (mATX sized but screwholes etc are wrong) I need a new case.

    I already have an MSI X470 on the way, and am looking at used Ryzen 5s and 7s from 1600xs to 3600s atm, ideally for less than $120. For RAM and a case, I'd like to spend less than $65 each. While I can hunt eBay auctions for RAM (looking for 3+GHz and C16) easily enough, I haven't done much research into cases and would like some input or ideas here.

    My friend's sent me some suggestions including a [Corsair 275R Airflow](https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Mid-Tower-Verstaile-Expansive-Removable/dp/B07VNB23RZ/ref=pd_di_sccai_21/260-1094921-6207210?pd_rd_w=AzN11&pf_rd_p=2529c273-c9d4-4495-807e-68ed4dfade5e&pf_rd_r=D333J9J5W35H3GCZ4JZA&pd_rd_r=0d7e94e8-ee2b-420d-b407-1e4864817c32&pd_rd_wg=cmAju&pd_rd_i=B07VNB23RZ&psc=1), which I like the look and features of and is currently on discount for a suitable price (was $94). I'm tempted to get it but other suggestions are appreciated. If not the 275, my main requirements for the case are room for a 140mm fan and a be quiet! CPU cooler that's coming with the X470 (again, not educated on coolers, but it's one of those protruding ones you put a fan on the front and back of).

    If anyone has any pointers for cases I'd be grateful, as well as cautions/differences between my i5 and a 1600X / 2600(X) / 2700(X) / 3600 (or other AM4s I haven't thought of in between!) that I need to know before ownership. Many thanks.

    *Converted prices from GBP to USD for simplicity.

    submitted by /u/hachi2JZ
    [link] [comments]

    Mouse lagging, microphone pops every few seconds?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 11:28 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    My computer was built in ~2017 and it's recently been having issues where the mouse can sometimes feel like it's stuttering/frame skipping. Also, when I use my mic to record audio (for a podcast), I'm hearing what sounds like clipping every 3 seconds or so.

    I'm not sure what the cause of this problem is. For extra info - I added more ram to the computer recently and it seemed to 'solve' the problem temporarily. I also installed a new CPU cooler cause my old one (water cooled) was making noises and it seemed like the pump was failing.

    But a week later I'm getting these issues again.

    Could it be CPU/power/GPU? Where do I start here?

    submitted by /u/i3l4ckjak
    [link] [comments]

    Motherboard won’t screw in

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 10:48 AM PDT

    Hello so I'm trying to put a B450M-Plus 2 into a deep cool Macube 110 and the screws simply won't screw in. Either they will go in crooked or straight but not all the way. Any idea. Because I've been as it for 40mins I know what screws to use. I tried all the others just so y'all don't say to try them. I really just need this to work. Thanks

    submitted by /u/ConsoleServer
    [link] [comments]

    Ive pretty much finished my pc part list, but I need to pick out cooling. any suggestions? also, advice about the build as a whole would be appreciated.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 01:44 PM PDT

    Is an I5 6600k still good?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 01:39 PM PDT

    Mainly used for gaming/ slight music production

    submitted by /u/syngedsyringe
    [link] [comments]

    HP M01-F1114 Upgrade

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 01:39 PM PDT

    My friend recently picked up a hp desktop from bestbuy and he's struggling to run some games obviously. I know a ram upgrade and cooler and fans and such would be really easy but I don't know anything about the power supply and if it even could power a graphics card. Anyone know if he'd need a new power supply and how hard would it be to remove the one installed and any graphic card recommendations? I'm not worried if they're out of stock atm. Thank you in advance, links for stats and such

    -https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c07047786

    -https://files.bbystatic.com/77hKcqj34dlNU%2F8GtuCmpA%3D%3D/Datasheet

    -https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-desktop-amd-ryzen-3-8gb-memory-256-ssd-jet-black/6454564.p?skuId=6454564&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=477&ref=212&loc=BM01&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1uOq2Pqm8QIVFR-tBh1rgg_5EAQYASABEgJskfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

    submitted by /u/Two11s
    [link] [comments]

    Gigabyte aorus b550I won't post after xmp

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 01:37 PM PDT

    Every where I look the fix should be clearing the CMOS by shorting the pins however this doesn't seem to work. Is it worth it to take off the IO plate to acces the CMOS battery?

    Tried everything I could think of, do you guys have some sugesgions?

    submitted by /u/CantDodgeThis
    [link] [comments]

    Any good options for a CPU air cooler that isn't a skyscraper?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 01:32 PM PDT

    Looking to get an air cooler for my 10400F but I absolutely hate the look of those massive air coolers. Are there any good recommendations for a smaller one?

    submitted by /u/IUSUZYSANA
    [link] [comments]

    looking for a 27inch 1440p 144hz or higher monitor to replace my BENQ xl2411z 1080p

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 01:28 PM PDT

    Hello im looking for a 1440p 27inch 144hz or higher monitor to replace my BENQ xl2411z 1080p TN monitor.

    The reason im going to upgrade is because new GPU's dont support dvi-d which my current monitor has. So i basically have to upgrade both my monitor and gpu at the same time or buy a new monitor first which is what im planning to do until gpu prices are somwhat back to normal. I mainly use my monitor for gaming, youtube and twitch.. I play all kinds of games mmo(rpg), competitive, singleplayers, some examples: rocket league, rdr2, gta 5, rust, battlefield, eso, sea of thieves,apex,warzone

    I never play in a dark room i always have decent lightning, i dont or rarely watch movies on my pc. Im planning to buy a ps5 in maybe 2 years or so for the singleplayer games so i would prefer it to be able to downscale 4k 120hz via hdmi i know some monitors can do this. I did alot of research but i just couldnt find the right monitor and its giving me a headache lmao..

    monitors i found:

    GL850: i've seen this monitor in a nearby shop and i liked it alot until there were scenes with alot of red (to bright and saturated)

    LG GL83A: haven't seen one in real life but heard colours look dull

    MAG274QRF: haven't seen one in real life and no idea if colours look OK

    MAG274QRF-QD: heard this is even more saturated then the GL850

    SAMSUNG G7: haven't seen one in real life but im not a fan of aggresive curve

    M27Q: don't know much about this but i've seen it in hardwareunbox review and some other reviews

    Any suggestions? can i turn down the reds on the GL850 to look a little bit less aggressive or is the GL83A not dull at all, i currenty have my nvdia vibrance turned to 65% on the 1080p TN panel. any comment woult be appreciated. In my country i can order a monitor and send it back within 14days but im not planning to do so in the first place.

    submitted by /u/Mission_Soup2256
    [link] [comments]

    Is it risky to use AMD FX 8300 in 2021?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 01:22 PM PDT

    From security point of view,should I buy new computer ?Is cryptographic attack possible on older CPU's ? I read before about this topic but I'm not 100% sure should I give up and use that computer for just offline mode because it's security vulnerabilities are problem.

    submitted by /u/lativer387
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment