• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 6, 2021

    Build a PC: Simple Questions - June 06, 2021

    Build a PC: Simple Questions - June 06, 2021


    Simple Questions - June 06, 2021

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 05:00 AM PDT

    This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we strongly suggest checking the sidebar and the wiki before posting!). Please don't post involved questions that are better suited to a [Build Help], [Build Ready] or [Build Complete] post.
    Examples of questions suitable for here:

    • Is this RAM compatible with my motherboard?
    • I'm thinking of getting a ≤$300 graphics card. Which one should I get?
    • I'm on a very tight budget and I'm looking for a case ≤$50

    Remember that Discord is great places to ask quick questions as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/livechat

    Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

    Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for r/buildapc mods? We welcome your mod mail!

    Looking for all the Simple Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? This link is now in the sidebar below the yellow Rules section.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    RTX 3080 half performance had before

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 08:29 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I made switch to new CPU couple months ago. Updated my GPU drivers couple days ago.

    And tried to check my performance in FurMark just to see how it goes.

    I was surprised, half year ago I got on 1440p preset in FurMark:

    Old score (winter):

    Score 11214 / 187 FPS

    Today's:

    Score 5688 / 95 FPS

    System before: RTX 3080, Ryzen 7 3700x

    System now: RTX 3080, Ryzen 7 5800x

    Nvidia drivers before: R457.09

    Nvidia drivers now: R466.63

    Is it something wrong with my system? I notice quite performance loss since winter.

    What could I do now? What should I check / reinstall windows or do some more tests?

    I would appreciate any help from you..

    submitted by /u/zudau
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth even attempting a first-time build with the current GPU situation?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 09:23 AM PDT

    I've been gaming for the last 7 years on laptop with a GTX 970m and some outdated intel i7 CPU..

    Needless to say it's become incredibly frustrating to game on, and I've pretty much resorted to playing rocket league exclusively because I can't handle the lag in any other game anymore.

    I've finally got a well paying full-time job and have enough savings to build an actual gaming PC, but I'm worried all the parts I get will collect dust as I wait on a GPU. How hard is it to actually find one these days? Is it worth starting the build anyways, or should I just wait until they're easier to get?

    I've also been trying to get a ps5 but have had no luck there either. I'm an avid gamer but it seems impossible to upgrade my severely outdated gaming rig these days... Incredibly frustrating.

    Update: thanks for the advice everyone. Will wait until I can get a GPU or order a prebuilt

    submitted by /u/Bollziepon
    [link] [comments]

    You know what is sadder than not having a graphics card?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 11:26 AM PDT

    Having built my older brother a pc for Christmas (9600k, 3070, the works) and he has yet to play on it :/

    It's been 148 days since it's last been played on. I'm not going to say I'm annoyed but like come on... I'm the gamer out of the two of us and I'm running integrated graphic :( BIG SAD

    submitted by /u/---Blue---
    [link] [comments]

    First Build finished.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 10:08 AM PDT

    I finished my first build last night after browsing this subreddit and watching countless youtube videos. I saw a few people post their finished builds recently so I thought why not share too.

    Specs:
    CPU: i5-11400

    CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 RGB black edition.

    RAM: Klevv Cras X RGB 16GB 3600MHz

    MoBo: Asus Prime B560M-A

    GPU: Gigabyte 1660ti. I got lucky and my girlfriends step-dad gave it to me for free as he said he wasnt using it enough.

    Storage: 500GB M.2 SSD from Crucial.

    PSU: Corsair RX550F RGB.

    Case: MSI MAG FORGE 100R.

    Some image links:

    https://i.imgur.com/fKrFewq.jpeg

    https://i.imgur.com/UugInxK.jpeg

    https://i.imgur.com/9TqvX61.jpeg

    submitted by /u/09gutek
    [link] [comments]

    Would it be okay / in spec to pull 800w from a Corsair RM1000x Gold PSU?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 09:28 AM PDT

    I have a build that will pull about 800 - 850 watts according to pc part picker. Is the okay? I know 80+ gold is efficient, but I'm not sure exactly how much

    submitted by /u/dreamingbutdead
    [link] [comments]

    Finished build!

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 10:49 AM PDT

    Finally finished building my first pc, and here it is in all its glory!

    https://imgur.com/gallery/PbPu4y7

    Specs - - -

    CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

    Motherboard: MSI B550 Gaming Carbon Wifi

    RAM: Team T-Force Delta RGB 16GB 3600mhz

    Storage: WD SN550 500GB

    PSU: XPG Core Reactor 750W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

    GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC

    Case: Cooler Master H500

    Case fans: Cooler Master MF120 Halo

    AIO: NZXT Kraken X53 240MM

    Cable Extensions: UpHere Cable Extensions Black/White

    submitted by /u/steven_hua
    [link] [comments]

    Need some advice on cooling down my system...

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 08:52 AM PDT

    So I've had my system for a couple years now, and I love it. There's just one issue. Heat. When I'm gaming my GPU gets HOT, like 90 degrees+, and turns my room into a sauna. During the summer I have to take my shirt off if I'm playing for more than an hour. Ambient temp is 22 C.

    So I'm weighing my options for my graphics card. I think I basically have two options. I have a Kraken x62 that is currently cooling my CPU. First is that I am considering getting a Dark Rock Pro 4 for my CPU and using the Kraken with an NZXT G12 to cool my GPU. The other option is just get a new GPU (which in this market will be difficult).

    I'm just wondering if anyone could give some advice on what to do, and/or which graphics card to upgrade to in order to get better temps/performance. I only play in 1080p so I don't need something that runs 4k well, but I don't want to lose performance.

    Current relevant system specs:

    NZXT H500i

    i9 9700k @ 4.2GHz

    MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

    ASUS nVidia GTX 1080ti Turbo (with the shitty stock blower cooler)

    EDIT: Thanks for all the advice! I just undervolted my GPU and will test it out when it heats up this afternoon. I'm running about 10° cooler in benchmarks than before, so hopefully this will fix my issue. If this doesn't help much I'll look into getting a window unit for the room.

    submitted by /u/italiangreenbeans
    [link] [comments]

    is this good for streaming GTAV?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 06:14 AM PDT

    i've been looking for parts and i'm wondering, are these parts good?

    Parts List

    submitted by /u/BluGamer08
    [link] [comments]

    2080 ti making terrible sounds from the fan

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 10:24 AM PDT

    Troubleshooting Help:

    What is your parts list? Consider formatting your parts list.

    EVGA 2080 ti XC.

    Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

    Grinding sound from one of the fans

    List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

    canned air

    Post relevant photos of build/parts here.

    n/a.

    Provide any additional details you wish below.

    I thought it was a bad PSU, and did an RMA with EVGA.

    Got the new PSU and installed that and things were fine for a couple days so i figured 'problem solved'. Woke up today and the noise was back. I put in my old PSU and it was doing the same sounds. So i then hooked up the new one and left it outside of the case. At this point I realized the sound was coming from the GPU.

    At startup one of the fans will stop and start like its struggling, the other spins freely and quietly. I used to canned air to see if maybe something was stuck in the blade but that doesnt seem to be the case. if i flick the one fan with my hand i can hear a little bit of the grinding sound. Im THINKING it's a bad bearing but i dont know...

    I do know when the fans arent spinning, the pc is quiet. but as soon as they spin i get the rattle/grinding sound. sometimes it gets really loud

    Im hoping maybe i can do another RMA? I just know the collateral is going to be ridiculous (it was 320 for my PSU that i bought for 190)

    submitted by /u/adrock517
    [link] [comments]

    Almost finished to Build my first ever PC for 3D,Rendering, Motion Design.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 11:48 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I already got most parts of the PC,lack of GPU,saving money for it... So how's my build? I'm gonna use it for 3D,Rendering,Motion Design. So I can render with CPU before I get one or second I can get a low spec GPU with low price and render with it... What do you suggest?

    Ryzen 7 5800X MSI B550 Tomahawk Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600 SL SAMSUNG 980 SSD 500 Seagate Barracuda 2TB EVGA Supernova G5 650 Gold Noctua NH U14S Arctic F12 PWM 5-Pack Arctic Case fun Hub

    submitted by /u/Anri1995
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for a simple, non-gaming PC build?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 11:35 AM PDT

    I'd like to try building a PC, but since I've never done it before I want to start by building something simple so that I can become comfortable with it before spending money on a more expensive build.

    Looking for suggestions on how to make a a basic, barebones PC build. Nothing fancy, just want to dip my toes by putting together a box that works. Asking here because every PC building tutorial I find seems to be for gaming.

    submitted by /u/Archillochus
    [link] [comments]

    RX 480 8gb or 1060 6gb

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 11:51 AM PDT

    I'm contemplating whether to get a 480 8gb or a 1060 6gb (it's my current option considering the current gpu prices) both are priced the same from who I'm buying it from, an asus rog strix 480 8gb and a galax 1060 6gb. I usually just game and don't even bother streaming, though I record a bit of gameplay but nothing more than that.

    Which one should I get?

    submitted by /u/Nerkzerino
    [link] [comments]

    I'm building this today, June 6th 2021... thoughts?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 10:38 AM PDT

    Most of the parts are new, but the external drives and 3tb internal drive is carryover from my old system, as well as the speakers and mouse. Everything else I've bought over the course of the past year so the prices aren't exactly accurate, I'll adjust them to what I actually paid over the next week but today is building day. Thoughts? Oh and the 8tb external drive is new as well.

    [PCPartPicker Part List](https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TYGpwz)

    Type|Item|Price

    :----|:----|:----

    **CPU** | [AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/QKJtt6/amd-ryzen-7-3700x-36-ghz-8-core-processor-100-100000071box) | $319.99 @ Adorama

    **CPU Cooler** | [Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX.BLACK 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/84MTwP/noctua-nh-d15-chromaxblack-8252-cfm-cpu-cooler-nh-d15-chromaxblack) | $114.94 @ Newegg Sellers

    **Thermal Compound** | [Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 5.5 g Thermal Paste](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CRkwrH/thermal-grizzly-thermal-paste-tgk015r) | $20.49 @ ModMyMods

    **Motherboard** | [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/whMTwP/asus-tuf-gaming-x570-plus-atx-am4-motherboard-tuf-gaming-x570-plus) | $193.12 @ Amazon

    **Memory** | [G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zcH8TW/gskill-ripjaws-v-32-gb-2-x-16-gb-ddr4-3600-memory-f4-3600c16d-32gvkc) | $216.99 @ Newegg

    **Storage** | [Sabrent Rocket 4.0 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PMbCmG/sabrent-rocket-40-500-gb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-sb-rocket-nvme4-500) | $90.00 @ Newegg Sellers

    **Storage** | [Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/yzfhP6/samsung-860-evo-1tb-25-solid-state-drive-mz-76e1t0bam) | $119.34 @ Best Buy

    **Storage** | [Samsung 980 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/mKBG3C/samsung-980-1-tb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-mz-v8v1t0bam) | $139.99 @ Adorama

    **Storage** | [Seagate Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/rhQypg/seagate-internal-hard-drive-stbd3000100) |-

    **Video Card** | [Gigabyte Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB EAGLE Video Card](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/HWbTwP/gigabyte-radeon-rx-6700-xt-12-gb-eagle-video-card-gv-r67xteagle-12gd) | $1326.96 @ Amazon

    **Case** | [Fractal Design Meshify S2 ATX Mid Tower Case](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VvJtt6/fractal-design-meshify-s2-black-dark-tg-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-mesh-s2-bko-tgd) |-

    **Power Supply** | [EVGA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/dMM323/evga-supernova-g3-750w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-220-g3-0750) | $119.34 @ Amazon

    **Case Fan** | [Noctua A14 PWM chromax.black.swap 82.52 CFM 140 mm Fan](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/sWM323/noctua-nf-a14-pwm-chromaxblackswap-825-cfm-140mm-fan-nf-a14-pwm-chromaxblackswap) | $27.02 @ Amazon

    **Case Fan** | [Noctua A14 PWM chromax.black.swap 82.52 CFM 140 mm Fan](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/sWM323/noctua-nf-a14-pwm-chromaxblackswap-825-cfm-140mm-fan-nf-a14-pwm-chromaxblackswap) | $27.02 @ Amazon

    **Case Fan** | [Noctua A14 PWM chromax.black.swap 82.52 CFM 140 mm Fan](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/sWM323/noctua-nf-a14-pwm-chromaxblackswap-825-cfm-140mm-fan-nf-a14-pwm-chromaxblackswap) | $27.02 @ Amazon

    **Case Fan** | [Noctua A14 PWM chromax.black.swap 82.52 CFM 140 mm Fan](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/sWM323/noctua-nf-a14-pwm-chromaxblackswap-825-cfm-140mm-fan-nf-a14-pwm-chromaxblackswap) | $27.02 @ Amazon

    **Case Fan** | [Noctua A14 PWM chromax.black.swap 82.52 CFM 140 mm Fan](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/sWM323/noctua-nf-a14-pwm-chromaxblackswap-825-cfm-140mm-fan-nf-a14-pwm-chromaxblackswap) | $27.02 @ Amazon

    **Monitor** | [Acer VG270 Pbiip 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/gByqqs/acer-vg270-pbiip-270-1920x1080-144-hz-monitor-umhv0aap02) | $216.99 @ Amazon

    **Keyboard** | [Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/YrvZxr/logitech-g910-orion-spectrum-rgb-wired-gaming-keyboard-920-008012) | $99.99 @ Logitech

    **Mouse** | [Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/kJM323/logitech-mouse-910004615) | $108.45 @ Amazon

    **Speakers** | [Logitech Z200 0 nW 2.0 Channel Speakers](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/bv38TW/logitech-speakers-980000800) | $27.11 @ Best Buy

    **External Storage** | [Seagate Backup Plus 4 TB External Hard Drive](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/NyQRsY/seagate-backup-plus-4tb-external-hard-drive-stdr4000100) |-

    **External Storage** | [Western Digital easystore 8 TB External Hard Drive](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JmX2FT/western-digital-easystore-8tb-external-hard-drive-wdbcka0080hbk-nesn) | $256.53 @ Amazon

    | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |

    | **Total** | **$3505.33**

    | Generated by [PCPartPicker](https://pcpartpicker.com) 2021-06-06 13:37 EDT-0400 |

    submitted by /u/OnlyANinjaCan
    [link] [comments]

    Rebuilding a pre-built that comes with with 128gb trident z neo cl18. Sell and replace with 8gbx4 cl14 3600? For mostly gaming. Or keep the 128?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 09:45 AM PDT

    Was thinking of this model F4-3600C14Q-32GTZN

    14-15-15-35 1.40v

    5950x x570 Aorus Master

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Cblan1224
    [link] [comments]

    My Gpu works but no display

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 06:53 AM PDT

    Hello,

    my card (1660 ti) does not display anything if I plug it in with an hdmi but when I plug in another card on the pc (I don't have an integrated card), i can see it in the device manager and even do benchmarks with occt or 3dmark, how to solve this problem?

    submitted by /u/Puzzled_Health2387
    [link] [comments]

    13 year old wants to build a gaming computer

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 01:59 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    My 13 y/o son wants to build a gaming computer which will also be used for homework/web surfing/You Tube etc... We watched a bunch of videos and it seems like something we can surely do. We put together a list of components but aren't sure if these are compatible, if they are even any good and/or is this overkill for a 13 y/o. I've added a link to the components and was just hoping to get some feedback from people who know what they are doing. Thanks in advance! https://pcpartpicker.com/user/troopervinny/saved/r2mpBm

    Edit: Revised list here https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LZhhcT

    submitted by /u/troopervinny
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks everyone! And pc part picker!!

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 01:24 PM PDT

    Thanks to everyone on this community for helping me pick what parts I want on my PC and also PC part picker for helping me make sure everything is compatible because where would we be without it I was just like to say that this sub reddit is awesome if this didnt exist and it probably takes me 10 times longer to find what PC parts i wanted and what type of monitor I will show you the picture of my PC after I finished building it

    Thanks everyone!!!

    submitted by /u/looiip
    [link] [comments]

    Got a nice build for a nice price. Thoughts?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 07:54 AM PDT

    Intel i5 10400f 16gb ddr4 2666mhz (8gb x 2) Gtx 1060 6gb 500gb ssd B460 motherboards 550watt 80+ certified power supply

    Dude is selling for about $600 (currency converted) including a 1080p monitor. Worth?

    submitted by /u/RetroScheeme
    [link] [comments]

    My first ever build final touch-ups

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 11:36 AM PDT

    Hello Friends,

    I am trying to finalize my first ever build plan for a gaming pc. Its been a lot of research and time but I believe I've finally got a solid build planned out. I like all of these parts and they should all be compatible with each other. Just an FYI, I am fully aware of the current gpu market. I plan on buying my pieces over time and waiting till I can get my gpu at a reasonable price, so it will be a while obviously.

    My only real questions/concerns left are mainly regarding the spacing and lighting. I know the case says it can support a 360mm cooler on top but I worry with my other parts it may not have enough room. I plan on keeping the three fans mounted in front, cooler on top and an additional fan in back for exhaust. I also am not sure how I can properly connect all the fans/lights so they can all be controlled through MSI's available lighting software, which cooler master says they all work with.

    1. Will the cooler fit in this case with the other pieces? I am pretty sure my ram sticks are 44mm for reference.
    2. How can I connect all my fans/lights together so I can control their colors and speeds through my Motherboard software? Would I need fan/rgb hub? If so any suggestions on which one?
    3. If you see any other major issues feel free to point them out but overall I am pretty happy with this proposed build.

    Build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PxTQW3

    Thank you all so much for your help!

    submitted by /u/JEANS_HIGHnTIGHT2395
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor Help

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 01:04 PM PDT

    I cannot for the life of me decide on which LG monitor I want to get. It is between the lg850b and the lg83a.

    They are both about the same price. I was reading through old threads and a fella said that the lg83a uses sRBG whereas the 850 uses wide color gamut, which most games use sRBG.

    I then came across this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcmonitors/comments/k89po2/best_27_1440p_144hz_monitor_350550_by_q1_2021/ which says that the 850b is the nicer version of the 83a.

    submitted by /u/seesull12
    [link] [comments]

    Computer Struglling to Post after GPU upgrade

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 11:09 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    My specs----

    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz, 6 Cores Motherboard: H310M PRO-VDH (MS-7B29) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW RAM: Patriot Viper Elite Series DDR4 2x8GB PC4-21300 2666 MHz Memory PSU: CORSAIR - RM Series 750W ATX12V 2.52/EPS12V 2.92 80 Plus Gold 

    I recently changed the GPU from a 1060 (Reference) to the now EVGA 1080. When I did the swap my computer turned on normally, but the monitor turned off then on and that was it. I forgot to wipe old drivers so I did and re-plugged in the GPU and still no post. I took out one memory stick and noticed the same thing happened, but after a minute I finally got a post to desktop and thought I needed to that. I turned off the machine, plugged in the other RAM stick, another minute to boot but finally posted.

    I thought my issue was fixed. But when playing F1 2020 I noticed I was getting, I guess a form of micro stuttering? You can't exactly see it but you could feel it. So I decided alright guess I'll just completely reinstall Windows. So I did, no issues with the computer booting or anything either anymore, and when reinstalling everything back I noticed the micro stuttering was gone and I concluded I had fixed the issue and moved on with my day.

    The next day, however, I noticed that the same thing happened:

    • Monitor flickers on for a second then turns off
    • GPU Fans turn on for a split second then off, continuously like it's trying to identify hardware
    • No post, not even a BIOS screen.
    • I have to take off a ram stick
    • Machine boots into the desktop
    • Turn off machine
    • Reinsert the other ram Stick
    • The machine takes a minute or two to boot but finally does

    So I finally decided my 500w power supply is needed an upgrade so today I upgraded and installed the current 750w I just bought. But the exact same thing is happening now. I have to take off one ram stick, boot, power off, then put it in the other one to get the computer to boot.

    I've never had this issue or any issue at all with my memory till the second after I replaced the GPU upgrading it to the1080. What are the next steps I should take? I doubt it's the ram and definitely not enough power anymore. Maybe the motherboard? Don't see why when the compatibility is all proper. At least from what I checked.

    Thank you, cheers guys.

    Edit: According to PC Part picker I shouldn't have any compatibility issues so I'm at a loss. If the motherboard is somehow the issue, what recommendations should I get?

    submitted by /u/Maelehn
    [link] [comments]

    Gtx 650 works on main PC, but not new PC.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 02:25 PM PDT

    I've thrown the gtx 650 into my rig and it's displaying perfectly fine, *The first time I threw it into my rig then put it back in the new PC the hdmi display was working! I used VGA afterwards and the first time it worked as well! but after that, no display!

    So now I'm stuck and confused, what do I have to do to fix this isse? I know the gpu is working and both mobo's are working fine as I've tested another gpu into the new pc.

    Please let me know! I'm trying to sell the new PC, but I can't get the display!

    submitted by /u/WindIsKey
    [link] [comments]

    I need an economic CPU and MOBO for the 1660 Super

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 12:10 PM PDT

    Funny and long history, originaly i wanted a rx 5500 xt but life is strange and i ended up with an 1660 super, and my cpu is bottlenecking it.

    So i need an economic cpu and motherboard that doesnt bottleneck it, because, in Argentina the economy is not so good

    submitted by /u/Pato99Muras
    [link] [comments]

    Hot temps, drop ~15c with side panel off

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 02:22 PM PDT

    Hi, My rig is a bit on the hot side and I'm looking for some tips. My GPU and CPU both reach ~75c while gaming, and if on stock settings (quiet bios) the GPU will reach 81c. I only have two fans, one exhaust on the top rear and one intake in the front, at the "middle" height. When I take the case glass side panel off, the temps drop to 61c on the GPU and 69c on the CPU. So its about -15c on the GPU just by taking the case off, so I should try to improve case airflow. My questions are by how much would they drop if I added +2 intake fans on the front and maybe +2 top exhaust? And are these temps with case open still high? Specially on the CPU, I kind of have a feeling I have very hot chips. On both side panel on and off, the GPU fans are at 70% and CPU at 100%. The GPU fan gets kinda loud.

    Will leave a pic here of my rig and appreciate any help!

    https://imgur.com/a/W8M0z7p

    My specs: CPU: Ryzen 5900x COOLER: DARK ROCK PRO 4 GPU: RTX GAMING TRIO X 3090 MOTHERBOARD: MPG B550 GAMING CARBON WIFI RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3600 PSU: CORSAIR TX850M 850W 80+ Gold CASE: Phanteks P500A Eclipse

    submitted by /u/MrdcThMrlc
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment