• Breaking News

    Monday, April 19, 2021

    Hardware support: Huawei was able to eavesdrop on all calls from mobile KPN customers, including those of the Dutch prime minister

    Hardware support: Huawei was able to eavesdrop on all calls from mobile KPN customers, including those of the Dutch prime minister


    Huawei was able to eavesdrop on all calls from mobile KPN customers, including those of the Dutch prime minister

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 02:59 PM PDT

    (GN)How Cheap Cables Can Be Dangerous: False Wire Gauge & Poor Construction

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 11:54 AM PDT

    Apple M1: Load and Store Queue Measurements

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 09:15 PM PDT

    RDNA2 V/f Testing using a 6700XT

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 11:08 AM PDT

    So I took my 6700XT and did some testing with different clocks, seeing where they end up power-wise. Some notes:

    1. I don't have particularly good silicon. I have an XFX Speedster SWFT, one of the only two MSRP AIB cards. Not binned highly. I don't expect this to make a huge difference, and and the reason for that is:

    2. RDNA2 seems to adjust voltage with clocks automatically. I'm not adjusting anything - I'm leaving maximum voltage at 1.2v for all of these runs. During the runs they tend to run lower without me doing anything.

    3. I'm leaving memory clocks at the stock 16Gbps.

    4. I'm only measuring core-power here. The highest I've seen at stock with my 6700XT by any sensor at all is 218W. It's exactly 40W over the maximum core-only power recorded (178W) and 12W below the rated TDP. Use these numbers for a reference.

    One interesting observation though - below 1700MHz you get basically a linear 100MHz per 3W. It's not the exponential scaling I was expecting.

    As for the actual graph: here

    EDIT: I forgot to mention, the test is TimeSpy Graphics. All power and clock measurements are done in TimeSpy GT2 (it's the more intensive of the two tests, and always came back with higher power consumption on the GPU core than GT1).

    Also, I figure that adding a graph for scores vs power consumption would also be handy, so here:

    EDIT2: Following some of the comments from this thread I've dropped min voltage the GPU can set to 725mv. I am definitely seeing a very sharp reduction in power draw. Will update with the new graph when ready.

    submitted by /u/uzzi38
    [link] [comments]

    ASUS CMP 30HX mining card features ARGB lighting

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 12:43 PM PDT

    Is there an up to date list of prebuilt companies that use proprietary parts?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 02:49 PM PDT

    https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/qacev/which_pc_manufacturers_screw_you_with_proprietary/

    There's one here but it's 9 years old. I think whitelisted network adapters would not be so bad to deal with, but some of the other stuff like proprietary wiring or PSUs not so much.

    submitted by /u/swammywell
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment