• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 1, 2019

    Hardware support: Why is it that it's been 30 years since it's creation, 20 years since the first consumer product, 7 years since normal people started using it, 3 years since everyone was expected to start using it and yet somehow bluetooth STILL has a horrible user experience?

    Hardware support: Why is it that it's been 30 years since it's creation, 20 years since the first consumer product, 7 years since normal people started using it, 3 years since everyone was expected to start using it and yet somehow bluetooth STILL has a horrible user experience?


    Why is it that it's been 30 years since it's creation, 20 years since the first consumer product, 7 years since normal people started using it, 3 years since everyone was expected to start using it and yet somehow bluetooth STILL has a horrible user experience?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 09:51 AM PST

    I'm not looking for help, so hopefully this isn't against the rules. Also, hopefully this is related to hardware enough to be posted here. I don't know where else to put this exactly.

    I know how to use bluetooth. I use it all the time. It offers a lot of benefits and utility but the user experience is god awful even today. Also despite the tone of this post being very negative and complaining a lot, I actually quite like it. Having a universal standard for wirelessly sharing peripherals with devices is incredibly useful. There has to be something I'm missing.

    So a little background on the products that I use. I don't know what the correct terminology is but I have multiple bluetooth host devices and multiple bluetooth client devices depending on what I'm doing. I've got my laptop, my desktop and my phone that I want to connect to. I've got my bluetooth speaker, my powerbeats pro, my sony noise canceling headphones, and my LG hbs 910 headset that I'll want to connect to any given device depending on what I'm looking to do. The number of quirks and issues I have on something that is as prevalent as bluetooth is is astounding.

    First there's the problem that sometimes (though not frequently maybe once a day) the headset will just get disconnected from a device for what seems like no reason at all. Usually it's easy enough to just "turn it off and turn it back on" but not always. I'll need to go through a number of steps. Put my powerbeats back in the case, turn of bluetooth on my phone, reopen the case, turn bluetooth back on and then hope for the best. Sometimes that works, and other times it'll connect and still just output sound from my phone's speaker(even after I go through and specifically select the powerbeats as the sound output device in android). The only way to remedy this when this happens is to restart my phone entirely. This is just a single client to a single host. If you try to connect multiple clients to multiple hosts it gets even worse.

    One thing that will happen is that I'll have one headset connected to my desktop a few days ago and not used it since, but now I want to use it on my laptop or my phone. I'll turn it on and put it into seeking mode in order to connect it to my phone, but it will automatically connect to my desktop. There is no "hey stop that!" button on my headset or a "please overrule this nonsense" on my phone so I have to go over to my desktop and either forget the device or turn off bluetooth and then go back to what I was doing(if there is a better way to handle this please tell me). This whole forget, disable bluetooth, etc is something that happens constantly as I switch between devices.

    Another issue I run into is I'll be using my bluetooth speaker with my phone for example and then once I'm done using it I'll just throw it on my dresser or whatever and move on with my life(forgetting it was even connected). Later on I'll want to use another bluetooth device with my phone and it'll connect and work just fine for about 3 minutes until the bluetooth speaker steals back priority from the device I'm currently using and I'll have to go through the process of either disconnecting it, turning it off or whatever.

    The list of quirky interactions that I have with bluetooth goes on and on. I'm a fairly technically competent person(definitely no genius though), so while these things are inconvenient I can deal with them, but it still sucks.

    I'm not an engineer, so I'm not exactly offering a solution to this problem but it seems strange to me that we have stuff like wifi that works whenever I try to connect to it every single time. RF tv remotes that work 100 percent of the time. Game controller remotes that work 100 percent of the time, and somehow bluetooth is still a totally sub par user experience.

    submitted by /u/_risho_
    [link] [comments]

    GPU PCB Breakdown: MSI RX 5700 XT Gaming X

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 09:08 AM PST

    Threadripper 3970X Performing Better On Windows Relative To Linux - Thanks To Microsoft Or Zen 2?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 07:50 AM PST

    Leaked PlayStation 5 devkit photos show new DualShock controller

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 09:22 AM PST

    The V-Indented PS5 dev box is real, it seems.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 11:44 AM PST

    NVIDIA Jetson Nano - Full Linux Review + Gameplay

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:46 AM PST

    Hi all. I'm NicoD on Youtube and I review SBC's. Here my latest video about the NVIDIA Jetson Nano.
    A very versitile development board that can be used as light weight desktop, and even for 4k gaming.
    Here's my video:
    https://youtu.be/W03DWvqxUeM

    Greetings, NicoD

    submitted by /u/NicoD-SBC
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the difference between computer architecture and computer organization??

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 01:52 PM PST

    I cant find a clear explanation of the difference and have even found contradicting description of what they are. Its confusing.

    submitted by /u/sage1_18
    [link] [comments]

    Submer Immersion Cooling at SC19 - ServeTheHome

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 07:11 AM PST

    Over 60% of EHA readers would choose AMD CPU for next system - KitGuru

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 04:42 AM PST

    NEC Refreshes SX-Aurora Vector Engine, Outlines Roadmap

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 02:44 PM PST

    RIPPED-OFF on Ebay AGAIN! - Intel "Black Ops" CPU

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 11:56 AM PST

    [Hardware Unboxed]November Q&A [Part 2] Will Zen 3 Finally Beat Intel in Gaming and Single-Thread Performance?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 02:55 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment