• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 7, 2021

    Hardware support: [LTT] I tried Steam Deck and it’s AWESOME!

    Hardware support: [LTT] I tried Steam Deck and it’s AWESOME!


    [LTT] I tried Steam Deck and it’s AWESOME!

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 10:13 AM PDT

    Backblaze's Q2 2021 Storage Drives Failure Rate Report - Published By Author Andy Klein

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 10:37 PM PDT

    Why do CPU and GPU chips die?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 11:29 PM PDT

    Why do CPU and GPU chips die? I understand that heat kills electronics but how actually happens? Is it a chain of different factors that eventually fails at some point or there is actually physical tear on electronics just like mechanical things?

    I am talking about the actual chips and not the entire graphic card, in case of a GPU.

    Thanks for satiating my curiosity.

    submitted by /u/AngelBryan
    [link] [comments]

    GizChina: "Google's Tensor SoC First Look: An Unreleased Exynos 9855 Chip"

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 06:32 PM PDT

    [Jarrod'sTech] AMD or Intel For Gaming? 5800H vs 11800H

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 09:34 AM PDT

    Alleged Alderlake Nuc with DG2

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    [HUB] Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 Review, A True HDR Gaming Upgrade

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 04:07 AM PDT

    M.2 NVME SSD STOPPING PC WORKING! HELP!

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 02:14 AM PDT

    So for context; I built my gaming pc the other day. Mbd: msi b550-a pro Storage: samsung 870 qvo 1tb sata ssd

    I got the pc set up by booting from a Windows 10 USB stick I had downloaded.

    I then ordered a sabrent rocket 1tb m.2 nvme ssd and the plan was to format the sata ssd and put a clean windows 10 install on the new nvme as it would be faster...

    When I plugged in the nvme however, the system wouldn't start, nothing at all from my monitor. I googled the issue and found that some motherboards can disable sata lanes when something is plugged in to a PCI slot. Using this information I tried to

    A. Move the sata cable to multiple different slots B. Unplug the sata ssd entirely

    No matter what I did I couldn't get anything on the monitor with the nvme In the system.

    I unplugged the nvme ssd and removed it from the system, the system booted absolutely fine from the sata ssd.

    I'm 99% sure I haven't damaged the ssd because I was very careful with it.

    Can anyone help me please 🙏

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Leeds_Lately
    [link] [comments]

    Will a GPU RMA ever get processed right now?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 01:47 AM PDT

    So My AMD 580 I bought in Jan of 2020 just failed.

    I'm going to submit an RMA, but my question is this.

    Will they ever process it due to the gpu shortage? Should I ever expect to get this back?

    submitted by /u/thedrakeequator
    [link] [comments]

    The computer's hardware is based on operations that will be shelved!

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 01:40 AM PDT

    For example, the Program counter.

    It will increment, and then, based on the output of a multiplexor, decide if proceed with the old register's value or the incremented one.

    Then, it'll reset, and again, based on the output of a multiplexor, decide if proceed with the reset value or the output of the previous MUX. And so forth...

    Another example is the ALU that does operations and based on MUXs decides to continue or not with their results.

    Isn't that electricity inefficient?

    Can you elaborate, if you know, about a different design for those chips that won't make a potentially shelved operation?

    My knowledge is primarily based on the book The Elements of Computing.

    submitted by /u/igaloly
    [link] [comments]

    Business Korea: "Samsung Electronics Ranked 3rd among Global Chipmakers in Terms of Market Cap"

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 09:50 AM PDT

    3080 OC vs 3080ti anybody benched it?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 01:54 AM PDT

    I just ordered a 3080 because its all i could get my hands on that wasn't 1400+ euro's or higher. However i wanted to know what the difference between a stock 3080ti vs 3080 oc is yet i can't find anything on the web.

    So if somebody has some link or anything evolving around my question post it pls.

    submitted by /u/gatygun1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment