• Breaking News

    Monday, July 5, 2021

    Build a PC: Simple Questions - July 05, 2021

    Build a PC: Simple Questions - July 05, 2021


    Simple Questions - July 05, 2021

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 05:00 AM PDT

    This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we strongly suggest checking the sidebar and the wiki before posting!). Please don't post involved questions that are better suited to a [Build Help], [Build Ready] or [Build Complete] post.
    Examples of questions suitable for here:

    • Is this RAM compatible with my motherboard?
    • I'm thinking of getting a ≤$300 graphics card. Which one should I get?
    • I'm on a very tight budget and I'm looking for a case ≤$50

    Remember that Discord is great places to ask quick questions as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/livechat

    Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

    Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for r/buildapc mods? We welcome your mod mail!

    Looking for all the Simple Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? This link is now in the sidebar below the yellow Rules section.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My girlfriend (who is extremely new to PC’s) put together this build yesterday! Very proud of her. Any tips for us?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 04:10 AM PDT

    Initial build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Cmz3TJ

    upgraded one: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/n4bJrr

    Updated again: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gNxwsX

    Updated another time: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xYgGCz (DISCLAIMER: NO CASE + USING SOMEONE'S OLD RAM THAT WE GOT FOR FREE)

    Edit: writing this as of 10:42pm CET (i think lol)

    I'm at work right now so i dont have time to reply t all of your comments any time soon. As soon as i get home me and my girlfriend are gonna read through EVERY SINGLE ONE of your comments so please keep commenting! If i don't reply don't think I didn't read it, i assure you we did and we appreciate every single one of u smart fucks.

    We love yall :)

    submitted by /u/NOODLD
    [link] [comments]

    New built PC won't work

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 01:47 AM PDT

    Posted here for help a couple days ago. Conclusion was maybe CPU isn't working. I've tried a different CPU and still no luck.

    There's 4 lights for troubleshooting and it seems to randomly switch between saying there's a ram problem and a CPU problem.

    Here's a video if it helps http://imgur.com/a/qdXE4Vv

    Pictures http://imgur.com/a/YYYLKwS http://imgur.com/a/zsmVLhC PARTS

    CPU: amd ryzen5600x

    CPU cooler: liquid freezer II 420

    Motherboard: B550 gaming plus

    Memory: Corsair vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (X2)

    Storage: western Digital blue 2 TB

    Video card: zotac gaming 3080

    Case: mastercase H500P mesh argb

    Power supply: Corsair RM 750w 80+ gold fully modular atx

    Edit: because a few people will probably say. Had my CPU cooler on before, connected to the CPU and thermal paste used. It's still in the case but just not connected to the new CPU because I've been removing and reconnecting everything and didn't want to get thermal paste everywhere

    submitted by /u/krokodilyBilly
    [link] [comments]

    New GPUs coming out soon, when to start project?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 11:35 PM PDT

    Are there new GPUs on the horizon or should I just go for the 3070gtx? Planning on getting a higher res monitor rather than refresh as I play mostly single player.

    Also need a good CPU to handle these sim games.

    Thanks in advance! Currently on an a 970 and i5 2550k cpu

    submitted by /u/Jcpmax
    [link] [comments]

    How should you have your monitor positioned for best ergonomics?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 06:14 AM PDT

    I've seen a lot of conflicting information and I don't know what to believe. I see streamers with their monitors like this: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_sPbREZCPSQ/maxresdefault.jpg but I've read a few different articles, one that states your eyes should be level with the top of your monitor, and another that states your chin should be no higher than the bottom of your monitor. Which is correct? Should I just go with what's comfortable? My monitor is 27 inch and I use it for gaming 90% of the time, so I'd like to be ergonomically correct, I've noticed neck pain a few times recently.

    submitted by /u/Zedaso
    [link] [comments]

    Cpu for office computer?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 10:59 PM PDT

    So I'm looking at building an office computer for someone and I am wondering. How much cpu does one really need for that? I know something like an i3-10100 would be plenty. But what about the G6400? The G5920?

    I would assume the 6400 would hold up fine, but the 5920 would start to struggle. But I'm not all that sure.

    Ps, 400w br psu, 2x4gb ram, 500gb Evo or mx500.

    submitted by /u/Andrewfs
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking GPUs ASUS EX-RX570 4G GDDR5

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 07:42 AM PDT

    Hi everyone! Hope all is well! I've been trying to look for a new GPU because mine broke, I have a pretty simple one, my build isn't too complex. I would loveee to get the same one I had which was ASUS Expedition Radeon RX 570 OC edition 4GB GDDR5 ,butttt if you guys happen to know any other with the same build or however you say it, and that you've seen being sold for a pretty good price, I'll go for it fo shoo. I've been searching for over about a month and a half now but because of the mining issue its been nearly impossible (most of what I've found have been used and are sold for 4x the normal price ;-; ). I would love the help of this community if possible.

    Thank yalll take care :) <3

    submitted by /u/chelseyyeahh
    [link] [comments]

    My ram runs at 60c and drive also. Are the temps normal?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 01:38 PM PDT

    1tb mp400 corsair: avg while gaming-64c My ram (corsair vengenance pro rgb 16gb 3200mhz- no oc only xmp enabled)- runs avg. 60c while gaming. Are the temps good?

    submitted by /u/marcgrall
    [link] [comments]

    I installed front fans into my case

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 01:31 PM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/5S7WkJK.jpg

    Are they fine as is or should I out some space between them?

    submitted by /u/MoBeydoun
    [link] [comments]

    First system with a budget of $1500. How does it look?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 09:47 PM PDT

    I'm looking to build my first system and I have a friend who will help me. She built her system last year, right around the start of the pandemic and has a 9700K and 2070 Super. She uses her system to game and stream, the same things I intend to do with my system. Here's the parts list and why we went with what we did:0

    10850K: She has a 9700K and is familiar with Intel. Plus, it was also cheaper to go Intel than AMD.

    16GB RAM: Just to get into dual channel performance. I plan to buy a second kit for 32GB.

    500GB NVME: For OS and more used apps (OBS, Spotify, Discord, Steam, etc.)

    4TB HDD: For larger games and stream recordings. Same HDD my friend has.

    GT710: This one might be controversial. The CPU has an IGPU, so the 710 is pointless," you may be saying. That motherboard doesn't have an HDMI output and I like the look of it. Besides, I can keep the 710 and reuse it incase my actual GPU dies on me.

    You'll also notice the lack of RGB. That was intentional, as I don't want unicorn vomit all on my PC. Other than those things, what do you guys think? I'm pretty happy with it and I'm looking forward to ordering it soon.

    submitted by /u/krimsonblaid3
    [link] [comments]

    Will 500w PSU be enough for this build?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 07:49 AM PDT

    Added third monitor to existing setup, no signal on any monitor AFTER boot screen appears on primary, PC restarts itself and then all works fine. Help.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 02:37 PM PDT

    I added a third monitor (Dell S3422DWG) to my existing PC setup which was working perfectly since I first built it. Since I added the monitor, whenever I turn the PC back on after a full shutdown, the MSI boot screen will appear on the primary monitor (with the option to go into BIOS) and then go away, at which point the screen shows NO SIGNAL and nothing happens for about 30 seconds. At which point the PC restarts itself and then boots perfectly normally, everything working as anticipated at the resolutions and refresh rates expected.

    Does anyone know what could be causing this? The only thing I can really think of is that I might need to go into BIOS and change a setting but I don't know what that setting might be. Here is my hardware and the various configurations:

    MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge MoBo EVGA 2070 Super GPU Super Flower Leadex III 850W PSU 2x 1 TB SSD 32 GB RAM Windows 10

    2x Dell U2515H 1440p monitors, mounted vertically and daisy chained with DP out from the GPU to one and a second DP out from that monitor to the other. DP 1.2 is enabled on the host monitor, disabled on the second as directed by Dell. Both set to 60hz, rather 59.9whatever.

    1x Dell S3422DWG 1440p Ultrawide, mounted horizontally in the middle, connected with a DP 1.4 cable (supplied by Dell) and set to 144hz.

    Additionally, I have a 49" 4K TV above my desk which had been connected to the PC via HDMI. Thinking that the 4th monitor was the issue, I disconnected that cable. There was no change in behavior.

    Now I know I am not maxing out resolution with 2x 2560x1440 and 1x 3440x1440 monitors. I didn't even max it out with the 4K fourth monitor added because it worked perfectly AFTER this weird boot loop.

    I've checked all the cables and they seem to be secure in their places and again all three (all four really) monitors work perfectly AFTER the boot loop. At their proper resolutions and refresh rates. It is ONLY the weird boot issue.

    I do have three peripherals plugged into an unpowered USB hub, including a keyboard, stick and throttle for a flight sim setup. But all three light up and work fine before and after the boot and reboot so I don't think that is related. I have a HP Reverb G2, but it is not hooked up full time and never during boot so that is definitely not related.

    At this point, I have troubleshooted everything I can possibly think of so the only thing I can think of right now is that I am potentially missing a setting either in Windows or on my motherboard/GPU which is causing the initial boot to fail POST and restart itself, but again it works perfectly fine after the restart so I don't know what it could be. Any ideas would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/RestedWanderer
    [link] [comments]

    How to check if your Samsung SSD is real.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 02:07 PM PDT

    After reading about multiple people receiving fake SSDs in the reviews on Amazon and a Post on Reddit today I wanted to find out if my SSD (which I ordered on Amazon) is also fake. If you google for it Samsung will just come up with their Software, but I think after opening and installing Windows on it, its kinda late to return at that point.

    So here is how to check WITHOUT opening the package:

    On the outside of the Box there is a big sticker on one side sealing it. On it there should be your Serial Number (S/N).

    Now go to, BUT make sure to change the "/de/" to your country code: https://www.samsung.com/de/support/your-service/my-product

    There you will be able to register your product and without even finishing the registration it should tell you after entering your S/N that the S/N is legitimate.

    I hope this helped at least some people not being worried and making sure they get a real Product.

    submitted by /u/TayDex_
    [link] [comments]

    PC rarely boots, gets stuck on B2

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 01:53 PM PDT

    Specs: CPU: FX 6300 Motherboard: MSI 970a g45 Ram: 2x8 Corsair GPU: 1060 3gb Zotac

    Thes computer rarely boots, and when it does I can use it normally, I believe.

    When It doesn't boot, it gets stuck on a back screen with a dash in top left and "B2" at the bottom right.

    Form what I've read, it's is a graphics error, and might be solved by updating BIOS.

    The thing is, I can't even access the BIOS right now. When I press del it just get stuck on "entering setup", sometimes is does keep going, only to get it this https://i.imgur.com/vyUrAro.jpg

    I've tried changing the Rams, the graphics card and the power supply. Tried booting it with the bare minimum (there no onboard graphics so the graphics card is needed)

    submitted by /u/Releasethebeans
    [link] [comments]

    First PC Build in 12 Years! Will this all work nicely together or am I spending too much in one area?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 01:37 PM PDT

    Hi

    I built my current PC the day before my daughter was born, she's twelve in September so it's probably time for an upgrade. It's had a new GPU and SSD along the way but that's about it

    I was a bit out of the loop with PC tech but after some research I think I'm going for a Ryzen 5 5600x, MSI B550-A Pro, Gigabyte P650B 650W, Corsair LPX 2x8GB in a NZXT H510.

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08BCQF1BD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08166SLDF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0793NBLND/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FBVYFKH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SD9R4VY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    I'll use my GTX 960 from my current PC and the stock cooler that comes with the 5600x or my old Collermaster Hyper 212. I purposely haven't included a m.2 to keep the costs down and meet the budget I set to my wife (£500 - I'm about 10% over that currently), I'll probably get a WD blue 1tb for Xmas or something. I've got a 500gb Samsung Evo for the time being and some HDD's so total storage around 1.3tb across it all. Am I missing anything? That's the big question!

    I'm pretty sure that should all whizz along quite nicely as I only really play Dota 2 and Starcraft 2. I do use the PC for work but only in a citrix environment so nothing too demanding. Hopefully this will last another decade!

    Any thoughts welcome!

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/olimars
    [link] [comments]

    I have B450M-DS3H-V2 Motherboard ,GIGABYTE nVidia GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 64bit - GV-N1030D5-2GL GPU and monitor shows no signal

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 10:38 AM PDT

    So i bought a new PC, it has B450M-DS3H-V2 Motherboard and 500W Power supply, needed only to buy GPU for finished build, checked compatibility and found GIGABYTE nVidia GeForce GT 1030. However that's when my problems begin, for some reason when i insert the gpu monitor doesnt get the signal, both from graphics port and motherboard port. I tried to change the option for graphics in BIOS from auto to force external gpu but it wouldn't work, i had to reset my BIOS after that. I asked around and some people sugested that it might be some option in BIOS, but honestly i have trouble navigating it. Any help is much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Dardorek
    [link] [comments]

    Should I wipe my hard drive after I migrated everything in it to my new SSD?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 12:40 PM PDT

    I recently got a new Samsung SSD, and I used the Samsung Data Migration tool to transfer all the data in my old hard drive to it. The migration tool just copied everything to the SSD, so I now have two storages with the exact same data within. Should I delete everything from my old hard drive or not? Also, how do I know that Windows 10 is using the version inside the SSD to boot up instead of the one in my old hard drive?

    submitted by /u/hlugapl
    [link] [comments]

    Wanna upgrade to i5-10400(F) from FX-6300. DDR4-3200 possible on B560? Which boards have the best value and sufficient VRMs?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 12:35 PM PDT

    Hi guys, I'm basically just looking for the best bang for the buck components I can get. I'd love to just buy Ryzen to avoid all this Intel chipset limitation BS, but the i5-10400F is 60€ cheaper than the 3600 here.

    Is it worth getting a B560 motherboard over a B460? I know that B560 allows memory overclocking, but I don't really understand if the RAM speed is limited by the i5-10400F as well.

    And which motherboards would you recommend? After watching Hardware Unboxed's video on B560 VRMs, I have thought about getting the Asrock B560M Pro4. It's not the bottom of the barrel and it's reasonably priced imo (102€).

    Thoughts? Appreciate your answers!

    submitted by /u/0r4ngenm4ul
    [link] [comments]

    PLEASE HELP Ryzen 5 5600x retarting in loop if Core Precision boost is enabled

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 02:45 PM PDT

    My pc

    Ryzen 5 5600x / Asus Tuf Gaming B550m plus / GTX 1660Ti gddr5 6gb MSI / 16GB ddr4 HyperX Fury 2133mhz / Cosair CX 750

    I am already using the last BIOS i can and my chipset is up-to-date too, my drives and my windows same all check, my problem is i have to disable CORE PRECISION BOOST so i can use my pc because if i leave it Enable or Auto it wont event log in windows, it will just restard in a infinite loop. If anyone have had the same problem with the same CPU and MOBO and solved it let me know pls cause its like this for months and i dont know what can it be, maybe my PSU? I really dont know i hope you guys can help me find something to fix it cause my CPU is at 3,7 and i feel like i'm losing performance in games because of it.

    submitted by /u/New_Contribution_960
    [link] [comments]

    PC not booting when my rgb mousepad is plugged in.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 07:51 AM PDT

    Hello dear reddit users,

    my RGB Mousepad is not booting when it is plugged in It's not a problem for me but why?

    submitted by /u/tahaeverywhere
    [link] [comments]

    Do we remove the factory stickers on Samsung nvme drives when installing thermal pads on it?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 02:36 PM PDT

    Specifically the Pro 890, thanks. See both a stick on front and back of the drive. Was told the warranty is voided ifwe remove them?

    submitted by /u/NoAd1769
    [link] [comments]

    Going to build my first computer and need help with suggestions on parts in a $1000 budget

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 12:14 PM PDT

    Need some pointers on this build

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 12:11 PM PDT

    What do you guys think about this build?

    Still on the hunt for a GPU.

    It is for gaming :)

    https://i.imgur.com/X4iCISl.jpg

    submitted by /u/suhmanchoo
    [link] [comments]

    Big wet looking spot on GPU

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 09:20 AM PDT

    PC has been getting progressively hotter over the last few weeks, open the back panel of the gpu to see that there is a large wet looking spot near the center of the card (looks to be right over where the chip is)

    https://imgur.com/a/vJSyYsR

    The card is an EVGA 1070, got it brand new a little over a year ago. I only play games or do work on my PC, I don't mine whatsoever.

    Wondering if anything needs to be done.

    submitted by /u/Real_Gas
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment