• Breaking News

    Friday, May 14, 2021

    Build a PC: Simple Questions - May 14, 2021

    Build a PC: Simple Questions - May 14, 2021


    Simple Questions - May 14, 2021

    Posted: 14 May 2021 05:00 AM PDT

    This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we strongly suggest checking the sidebar and the wiki before posting!). Please don't post involved questions that are better suited to a [Build Help], [Build Ready] or [Build Complete] post.
    Examples of questions suitable for here:

    • Is this RAM compatible with my motherboard?
    • I'm thinking of getting a ≤$300 graphics card. Which one should I get?
    • I'm on a very tight budget and I'm looking for a case ≤$50

    Remember that Discord is great places to ask quick questions as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/livechat

    Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

    Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for r/buildapc mods? We welcome your mod mail!

    Looking for all the Simple Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? This link is now in the sidebar below the yellow Rules section.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Let's all take a moment a be thankful for PcPartPicker

    Posted: 14 May 2021 11:08 AM PDT

    Would your PC be here without it?
    It's not the best but deserves more popularity. Whether it's figuring out how much power a GPU takes, or wondering if that new CPU Heatsink fits into your rig. Pc Part Picker has your back and mine.

    I Don't wanna keep you to long but think about this post for a little while and tell me what you think.

    submitted by /u/791290kr
    [link] [comments]

    PC keeps booting into bios and not windows automatically

    Posted: 13 May 2021 10:30 PM PDT

    So I just finished building a new PC. Some of the parts are from a hp pre-built model that I moved over to a new case. So basically I turned the PC on and it keeps sending me to bios. I am able to boot it up to windows through bios but I don't want to keep booting it up from there. I just want it to turn on and boot to Windows normally. I tried reseating the ram and removing and installing the cmos battery and nothing. Keep looking over on YouTube and thoughout the internet and I can't find the solution.

    Specs:

    Phanteks p600s

    Intel i9-10850k(10th) From pre-built

    Asus prime z-590-a motherboard

    Rtx 3080 (pre-built from hp)

    32 gb hyperx ddr4 3200mhz (pre-built)

    Corsair rmx white series psw 750w

    Western digital 4tb ssd

    2tb hard drive (pre-built)

    1tb PCIe NVMe m.2 ssd (pre-built with windows installed)

    Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix liquid CPU cooler

    EDIT: SORRY guys I went to sleep I was so tired that why I wasn't responding. So I will look through the comments

    EDIT 2: I did the boot sequence and did not work either. I also disconnected my ssd and hard drive in there too so my m.2 was the only one detected but it kept loading me into bios

    EDIT 3: Im gonna try to reinstall windows since that is the only thing I seem to now have done yet

    EDIT 4: I reinstalled windows but same thing keeps happening. The system keeps posting me in safe mode and sending me to bios.

    EDIT 5: I think it might be my CPU or something is wrong with the motherboard. The motherboard's CPU flashes a quick red then back to dram light and flashes quick red again on cpu until giving me the green boot light and sending me to safe mode and making me enter bios

    submitted by /u/CaptainFoxJack
    [link] [comments]

    Would it be ok to build my pc without a storage device?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 02:02 AM PDT

    Ok hear me out i have all of the parts here except my nvme ssd and i was wondering would it be fine to build my whole pc so long as i didnt boot it untill next week when my ssd should be delivered?

    submitted by /u/Signal-Ad-4475
    [link] [comments]

    A few months ago I made a post of my 15 year old son who saved and built his first gaming PC. He was short a few peripherals and /u/IronsidePC_Chris hooked him up. You guys have a lifelong fan/customer. And my apriciation. Build and pics in post.

    Posted: 14 May 2021 12:54 PM PDT

    Thank you to /u/IronsidePC_Chris. That keyboard/mouse and pad made his year. Reddit can be awesome.

    Here is a link to the build thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/mlko31/over_the_past_6_months_my_15_year_old_son_saved/

    And here is a picture now that he has keyboard/mouse and my buddy sold him a gaming monitor that pairs well with his 1050ti. http://imgur.com/gallery/6kEYXXh

    submitted by /u/Guy_Fieris_Hair
    [link] [comments]

    Is it still unsafe to have PC turned on while there is storm outside?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 03:18 AM PDT

    I was always wondering about it. I wonder if tech these days is somewhat designed to prevent destroying itself if lightning hits something in the house or nearby. In most cases I usually didnt bother. Nothing happend so far but if something would I would just RMA it. But we all know how the situation with PC components looks today and there was first storm this year last week in my region. Im a bit concerned.

    submitted by /u/jacob1342
    [link] [comments]

    Which NVME drive should I buy?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 12:21 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I'm upgrading an older pc that has just pcie 3 and am looking to spend max $150 for an NVME ssd (using m.2 adapter) what do you guys recommend? I don't need the fastest thing around but would like decent price/performance.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/chunkissyou
    [link] [comments]

    Please Help!

    Posted: 14 May 2021 11:33 AM PDT

    So, about a month ago, I borrowed my old desktop to my brothers, so they could play their games. They didn't took care of the computer, and hitted it sometimes, but the last time they hitted it, was a little fall like 5 cm and the pc screen went white, they didn't turned the pc off until I get home. I've turned the pc off, and it won't turned on back, I've been looking for what was causing this problem, I've depared myself with a black mark into the processor connectors and I don't know if this is the cause and if there is any way to solve it. If someone know's better about this and can give me an opinion of what I should do, please hit me up.

    Thank you!

    Image of the burn mark on my I5-4460 3.2GhzImage

    submitted by /u/VascoHealer
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice on pc upgrade

    Posted: 14 May 2021 07:19 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    So in December 2020 I managed to get hold of an RTX 3070 and it really made a difference because it replaced a 4 years old GTX 1060.

    But I am now considering upgrading the rest of my pc because I'm not getting 100% of the performance i should get with such a gpu.

    Therefore, I'm thinking of these upgrades : - Ryzen 5 5600x to replace a Ryzen 5 1600 - MSI B550 gaming plus mobo to replace a MSI B350 Tomahawk - 2x8go of 3600mhz ram to replace 2x8go of 2666mhz - 500gb Samsung 970 evo plus SSD (M.2) to replace old 240gb Kingston SSD (2.5 SATA) - I'll yeet the AMD stock cooler and use a Noctua NH-U12S instead

    For power, I'll keep my 650w and the rest should be fine (wifi card, hardrives, etc..)

    So, what do you think of my choice of upgrades ?

    submitted by /u/PyroGhaster
    [link] [comments]

    1440p monitor recommendations for 400-500$

    Posted: 14 May 2021 09:26 AM PDT

    Hi I recently got a new build with Ryzen 7 5800x and RTX3070 and I'm looking for new monitor preferably IPS 1440p 120-165Hz for around 400-500$. Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/tadas31
    [link] [comments]

    question about thermal paste

    Posted: 14 May 2021 10:37 AM PDT

    mx 4 or grizzly or noctua or cooler master

    which best

    submitted by /u/tyke1995
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Hyper 212 Black Editon enough to cool a i9 10850k?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 10:52 AM PDT

    I'm curious if the Hyper 212 is enough to cool this processor. I can still return it before I get it on Monday. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/rezala
    [link] [comments]

    Is this RX 550 Deal Worth It?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 12:39 PM PDT

    Ik there is a gpu shortage so prices and expectations are different. My gpu died and a friend of a friend is oferring me his Msi rx550 oc 2gb for 90 Canadian dollars? It is 3 years used, Good quality. Is this worth it? Thanks

    submitted by /u/NecroSpace
    [link] [comments]

    Probably a dumb question

    Posted: 14 May 2021 12:28 PM PDT

    I have a cooler master h60 currently installed but my buddy is gonna give me a kraken x62. Will I see a great improvement in cooling? Thanks

    submitted by /u/akaalienwarrior1
    [link] [comments]

    How fast does your ram really need to be?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 11:09 AM PDT

    Is 2400ghz really noticeably slower than let's say 3200? Also is cl 18 enough or do you really need less latency?

    submitted by /u/NIikK0o0
    [link] [comments]

    Put new RAM in pc, its turning on but I'm getting no output in monitor

    Posted: 14 May 2021 09:19 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I have a prebuilt PC and it came with 2x4GB, I thought I'd be able tog et away with this for a low end PC, but I couldn't, so I recently invested in 2x8GB 3600Mhz Klevv bolt ram, I've put it in and the PC is booting up, the RGB coming on, but I'm getting no signal on the monitor. My motherboard is asrock a320m-hdv r4.

    I actually built a PC for a friend about 6 months ago using this exact same RAM and had no problems

    Any help much appreciated thanks!

    submitted by /u/nemofoot
    [link] [comments]

    “vga” motherboard light is on.

    Posted: 14 May 2021 09:48 AM PDT

    Used this computer for a few months now and today I noticed the "vga" light turned on... Computer seemingly works fine otherwise

    submitted by /u/Ewok333
    [link] [comments]

    Been outta the PC building game for a minute son. Yo what you think bout deeze prices???

    Posted: 14 May 2021 11:53 AM PDT

    Like I mean could I build a reasonably top notch gaming PC at these price points?

    Fans. $50 MB. $200 GPU. $300 CPU. $300 RAM. $100 SSD. $100 CASE. $75 PSU. $75

    submitted by /u/Plsbnice2021thank
    [link] [comments]

    my pc keeps freezing at random moments

    Posted: 14 May 2021 10:52 AM PDT

    my pc has good cooling temps from 30-48 while gaming and idle
    my specs are:
    gtx 1060 6 gb
    ryzen 5 3400g
    corsair 3600mhz ram rgb
    550 watt power suply
    and an nzxt AIO
    can someone please tell my whats wrong with my pc?

    submitted by /u/PuzzledRegion7761
    [link] [comments]

    Loads a lot of applications

    Posted: 14 May 2021 06:28 AM PDT

    When ever I load Into my computer it loads up discord epic games launcher and couple of other things before I do anything does anyone know how to stop it from doing that?

    submitted by /u/keeyank
    [link] [comments]

    Which mobo for R5 3600?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 12:08 PM PDT

    What are the main differences between the MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC and the B450 GAMING PRO CARBON MAX WIFI?

    Also will I be able to run Drop PC38X's well off either of these mobos? I'm not super knowledgeable when it comes to audio stuff but I want decent sound quality and looking into the "Realtek® ALC1220 Codec" that both motherboards have it seems like the ohms or whatever is fine to use the PC38X headphones on

    submitted by /u/poisonedrainbows
    [link] [comments]

    Drivers Bricked my computer

    Posted: 14 May 2021 01:51 PM PDT

    The new drivers update just bricked my computer.

    I have an RTX 3060TI and just tried installing the new drivers. However, after sitting on "preparing to install" for maybe 30 seconds, my moniter went black. A few seconds later, I couldn't hear my friend on Discord, and then I couldn't hear Spotify.

    It has now been sitting on a black screen for 10 minutes I haven't tried restarting my computer.

    Is this normal? This didn't happen any of the other times I updated drivers.

    What should I do?

    submitted by /u/LaquaBoy07
    [link] [comments]

    Some advice

    Posted: 14 May 2021 01:33 PM PDT

    I'm building my first pc and with all this GPU shortage its been kinda rough. But I found a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 GAMING OC 12GB for 700. I know the price it's kinda high, but I'm worried since I read some really bad reviews about this one and I'm really wondering if i should go for it or maybe wait for a restock or a better deal on some other GPU.

    It's for a i5 11600K and a ROG STRIX Z590-A GAMING WIFI, if it matters somehow. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/kopzadok
    [link] [comments]

    MSI Z390-A PRO or Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 11:18 AM PDT

    Gotta choose between the two boards. They're almost the same price. Which one do you think is the superior one in just performance or reliability, ports aside?

    submitted by /u/El_Matadorro
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment