• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 3, 2021

    Build a PC: Simple Questions - August 03, 2021

    Build a PC: Simple Questions - August 03, 2021


    Simple Questions - August 03, 2021

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 05:00 AM PDT

    This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we strongly suggest checking the sidebar and the wiki before posting!). Please don't post involved questions that are better suited to a [Build Help], [Build Ready] or [Build Complete] post.
    Examples of questions suitable for here:

    • Is this RAM compatible with my motherboard?
    • I'm thinking of getting a ≤$300 graphics card. Which one should I get?
    • I'm on a very tight budget and I'm looking for a case ≤$50

    Remember that Discord is great places to ask quick questions as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/livechat

    Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

    Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for r/buildapc mods? We welcome your mod mail!

    Looking for all the Simple Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? This link is now in the sidebar below the yellow Rules section.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Is cooler master trusted brand?? For psu

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 08:33 AM PDT

    Why cant I top 60fps

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 03:54 PM PDT

    For reference I have a 2080 super, 32gb of ddr4 ram and can't top 60 fps. I'm not exactly good at this whole pc making thing but I think it's my monitor? And I'm on a bit of a budget so if anyone could suggest a decent monitor to help with this it'd be great. Im also in the UK if that helps with links to anything

    Edit: thanks to everyone for being so helpful. For those not being so nice let a girl try okay I'm new 😅

    Edit 2: for those asking I have a amd ryzen9 3900x processor

    submitted by /u/Unimagined-Idle
    [link] [comments]

    I just ordered a new M.2 SSD

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 06:40 AM PDT

    Title. I am currently using a SATA SSD and I want to keep it as well as install the new M.2, how would I go about swapping the OS to the M.2 one to have as a boot drive? And as far as moving files, is that as easy as just dragging them over to the other disk?

    EDIT: Just to clarify, I meant that the M.2 is an NVMe SSD (i'm new to this), also the NVMe is the Silicon Power A80, a cheap brand i did some research on and found that is apparently pretty good for the price.

    submitted by /u/KuhLeeBray
    [link] [comments]

    will the new atx12vo psu become standard anytime soon ?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 09:58 AM PDT

    hello

    i want to upgrade to an seasonic prime 1300w and while i was looking for reviews i found a video about atx12vo new psu standard

    should i wait to buy new psu ? will this new stuff come out soon ? i dont wanna change everything else again in 2-3 years

    submitted by /u/ticaaaa
    [link] [comments]

    Cpu cooler for 5800x

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 05:17 AM PDT

    I'm building a pc with a ryzen 7 5800x in it, and i heard the 5800x can run quite hot so i have to decide what cooler to buy. I looked on the amd website for coolers that fit the performance criteria. But which of the following coolers would you recommend: (I'm currently not planning on overclocking and the case will be the lancool 215)

    Arctic liquid freezer 2 280mm
    Fractal design celsius+ S28 dynamic
    Cooler master ml240r
    Be quiet dark rock pro 4

    Which one of these is the best choice or should i go for an aio with 360mm fans?

    submitted by /u/sletjebacon
    [link] [comments]

    In case anyone's curious, here are some power draw figures for a rig with an i9 9900 and a GTX 3090.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 04:07 PM PDT

    EDIT: Oops, I am a dumb. I meant "RTX 3090." Old habits die hard.

    I've been dying to know these figures since I've been looking into uninterruptible power supplies.

    When I built the rig, I had to rely on general ballparks given by journalists who were just copy/pasting from Nvidia press packets.

    Since I would have loved actual measurements, maybe you would, too.

    Power draw is HIGHLY variable from second to second. I'm going to give ranges

    Idling at Desktop: 50-80W

    Watching YouTube: 70-100W

    Satisfactory, 1440p Ultra, 120 fps: 250-300W

    Cyberpunk 2077, 1440p Ultra, RTX Off, 120 fps: 530-550W

    Measured on a 900W uninterruptible power supply. PC only (monitor and speakers were plugged directly into the main).

    submitted by /u/FranticToaster
    [link] [comments]

    Which GPU producer has the best warranty service?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 02:59 AM PDT

    My Inno3D 2070 ((which was only used for gaming in a good/clean airflow environment) recently broke down after just 1.5y and apparently couldn't be fixed. While according to the internet I should be having 2-3y of warranty by Inno3D, I wasn't able to find any info on what services the warranty actually includes. The reseller I bought it from in Germany refunded me 80% of the original buying price, which ofc nowadays is merely enough to buy half a decent GPU...

    So before I buy a new GPU, I wanted to ask around for some recommendations on which GPU brands actually give the best (international) warranty. Which producer do you think is most likely to either repair or replace a broken card within the first 2-3y after buying?

    submitted by /u/uberjack
    [link] [comments]

    Can my PC run 1440p on 144hz?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 08:17 AM PDT

    Hello, fellow redditors

    I am deciding wether to get a QHD monitor or a fullHD since I do not know if all of my games will run smoothly on 1440p.

    My current specs are:

    I5 10400F - RTX 3060 - 16GB ram

    It can handle most games on max settings currently

    Games I mostly play are The Witcher 3 (heavily modded), gtaV and (forgive me) fortnite. I also play some other games but they arent a problem.

    If anyone has similar specs and plays some of the same games i would like to know if you have had any problems running them on (preferably) max settings.

    Thanks for the award, kind stranger

    submitted by /u/RansWachers
    [link] [comments]

    Is it time to bite the bullet and get a GPU for 2x MSRP?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 12:31 PM PDT

    Like everyone else, I've been trying to get a new GPU since around October. I've tried to buy cards only to get out of stock, or have it my cart but not checkout, for coming up on a year now. My current GPU (R9 290x) is having problems running modern games above 30fps, even at the lowest possible settings. I'm just tired of waiting for things to get better and stock still being impossible.

    With all of that in mind, prices dropped a bit recently but then bounced back up, and aside from a crypto crash it looks unlikely to drop again any time soon. So, is it worth biting the bullet and getting a GPU for 2x MSRP as it seems that things aren't getting better any time soon?

    submitted by /u/Amj161
    [link] [comments]

    PC components review

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 01:25 PM PDT

    I'm going to be doing some light gaming, playing games like Warzone and Modern Warfare. I'll also be coding a lot. My pc looks like this: Motherboard: ASRock B550M-HDV RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb at 3000Mhz CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 (Maybe super) PSU: Thermaltake smart 700w white Case: coolermaster q300l white

    Edit: Would getting the 3400g be a viable option until GPU prices come down from triple MSRP?

    submitted by /u/DevelopmentTight9474
    [link] [comments]

    Changed out PC Parts and PC runs extremely hot now.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 12:57 PM PDT

    I upgraded my rig from a i5-9600k and 1080 to i9-9900k and a 1080ti, but the PC runs significantly hotter than before and overheats from time to time running at like 90 degrees for Apex when it use to run at like 70.

    I am using a 400D Obsidian case so I don't believe the issue is airflow and I also used compressed air to clean out the whole PC, but it just runs very hot whenever it's under any sort of load and I can't find the reason why.

    I have a bequiet dark rock 3 or 4

    submitted by /u/RoflMyXds
    [link] [comments]

    How to clean IPS panel monitor?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 09:52 AM PDT

    Basically title. I have an ultrawide 34" Alienware monitor and I'm looking to just clean the screen. Is there a recommended cleaning kit or something?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Agent_Cringe
    [link] [comments]

    GPU "other" section on the steam survey

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 11:03 AM PDT

    Who other than amd nvidia and intel make gpus.

    submitted by /u/bentleyplays198
    [link] [comments]

    My pc suddenly became slow

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 08:42 AM PDT

    I got 2 new case dans cus I only had one before but after installing them my pc is insanely slow. It has a ryzen 5 2600x, 16gbs 3200mhz ram, and a 1660. It was working perfectly fine before installing the fans. I checked everything to make sure I didn't unplug anything as well. Pls help . Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/itzvoidy
    [link] [comments]

    Rate this PC please

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 01:12 PM PDT

    Hello fellow Redditors I'm planning on getting this PC very soon (should be in the next couple days depending on your advice) and I'd like your opinion on the components. Is the motherboard, PSU etc. up to par with the GPU and CPU? Is the SSD good? Are there any other observations/concerns that you may have? I'd just like for my doubts (as a result of not knowing much about PC's and my skeptical nature) to be cleared up before buying as this will be my first gaming PC and I want to get one that will serve me well for a long time. Thank you for any help!

    https://www.scan.co.uk/products/scan-gamer-rtx-amd-ryzen-5-5600x-16gb-ddr4-12gb-evga-rtx-3060-1tb-m2-ssd-win-10-see-info

    submitted by /u/7Cifer
    [link] [comments]

    Is RTX 3060 worth at $676

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 12:34 PM PDT

    Stumbled into a newegg shuffle win. Is MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 12GB worth pulling the trigger now. Or keep holding out for general price drop for higher spec cards?

    I have no use for the combo ram, so I'm assuming I'll likely sell it at a loss. Maybe I get $75-100 back from that sale.

    submitted by /u/metalheadluigi
    [link] [comments]

    RX 5700 XT vs 2080

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 09:10 AM PDT

    Which card would be better for the long run if acquired today to use for years to come?

    submitted by /u/Stacks-
    [link] [comments]

    Warzone best cpu for 2080ti 1440p?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 10:03 AM PDT

    hey everyone, im new to posting here but need some help with a build, i'm planning to get a 2080ti and was wondering what the best cpu was to match with it while playing warzone at 1440p, im really trying to get it running at 144fps but doubt my i7 - 5960 will give me that

    any help will be appreciated

    submitted by /u/red685
    [link] [comments]

    Nvidia vs AMD which to choose?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 01:45 PM PDT

    I managed to get a 3070 ti FE for msrp, but have been debating on trading it for an RX 6800/6800xt. I will mainly use it for gaming, streaming, and occasional video editing (4k projects). I am concerned with its future proof of only having 8gb of VRAM. Which with the AMD cards I'd have 16gb, but I don't know how important that'd be with future titles or how much that improves productivity. Nvidia wins with video encoding and DLSS, but in terms of raw performance it seems as though the AMD cards might be the way to go.

    Any advice on which would be better for my situation?

    submitted by /u/Munkinboy
    [link] [comments]

    Help me choose my card.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 01:45 PM PDT

    Hi guys. So I'm set on a 30 series card. Help me choose: a gigabyte 3060 ti for 500 bucks. I know gigabyte is a good brand and all, but I'm worried cuz I've heard of bad fan bearings and bad customer service . So I'm not entirely sure. They used to sell the card for 450 (fuck you Newegg, yes I'm buying and they're local here, not in us btw). So yeah. Other option: evga 3070 ti XC3 ultra gaming for 672. The 3070 is 633. Help me. Thanks

    submitted by /u/PCproMan1234
    [link] [comments]

    urgent help

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 01:39 PM PDT

    so im installing windows on my pc, but windows installer (from usb) doesnt see my ssd. i dont know what might be the problem, maybe something to do with partitions? i dont really know much abt stuff like this so if anyone could help that would be great. my bios sees my ssd, so i dont know whats wrong.

    submitted by /u/P1_Bangzz
    [link] [comments]

    Best fan set up for Razer Tomahawk ATX

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 09:51 AM PDT

    Hi guys!

    I need your expert advice please. I have a Razer Tomahawk ATX case (I know that reviews have said the case is thermally not very good, but it looked so pretty). My build setup will be the following:

    AMD Ryzen 9 5950x

    Nvidia RTX 3070 Ti Founders Edition

    Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black - CPU cooler

    32GB G.skill Trident Neo RAM

    1TB Sabrent Rocket NVMe

    Seasonic 1000W Platinum PSU

    Since I wont be using a liquid cooling AIO solution, what would you recommend for me as the best way to set up my fans. I was thinking 3 intake fans at the front of the case, 1 rear exhaust and maybe a couple more exhaust fans at the top of the case?

    What would be the best setup for this particular case and do you have any recommendations for non-Corsair RGB fans please?

    Many Thanks!

    submitted by /u/BillyKong7
    [link] [comments]

    best GPU for a 450W psu ?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 01:34 PM PDT

    Last month I built my ITX pc which is surviving with the integrated graphics of my Intel 11700 (non K). I have some money to buy a new monitor and a GPU , however I do have Corsair sfx 450w.

    Which GPU could be the best fit for my build? I read about the 1660ti/2060 running fine with a 450w psu.

    Do you guys have any recommendation? I would like to get a 1080 144hz monitor too just in case this helps choosing gpu.

    submitted by /u/nikostr8
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment