• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 10, 2021

    Build a PC: Simple Questions - June 10, 2021

    Build a PC: Simple Questions - June 10, 2021


    Simple Questions - June 10, 2021

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 05:00 AM PDT

    This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we strongly suggest checking the sidebar and the wiki before posting!). Please don't post involved questions that are better suited to a [Build Help], [Build Ready] or [Build Complete] post.
    Examples of questions suitable for here:

    • Is this RAM compatible with my motherboard?
    • I'm thinking of getting a ≤$300 graphics card. Which one should I get?
    • I'm on a very tight budget and I'm looking for a case ≤$50

    Remember that Discord is great places to ask quick questions as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/livechat

    Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

    Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for r/buildapc mods? We welcome your mod mail!

    Looking for all the Simple Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? This link is now in the sidebar below the yellow Rules section.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Is Ryzen 5000 still worth it, knowing there’s no upgrade path with the new sockets on future Ryzen CPUs?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 04:37 AM PDT

    looking for a GPU while i wait to get a 3060 for now should i get a PNY Quadro P620 or a gt 1030

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 06:33 AM PDT

    Is 16x2 or 8x4 better?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 05:05 AM PDT

    My cpu is a ryzen 5 3600x if that helps any

    EDIT: So im talking about ram sorry about that Also the speed for the 16x2 is 3200 and the 8x4 is 3600

    EDIT 2: I changed the cpu to 5600x

    submitted by /u/Sharp_Philosophy_156
    [link] [comments]

    Swapped from RTX 3070 to Radeon 6800XT, didn’t run DDU and now GPU has no display

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 06:52 AM PDT

    I traded from an nvidia card to a radeon one but didnt run DDU before removing my 3070, now my 6800xt shows no signal, could it be due to the drivers? I don't have the 3070 already and would have to borrow someone else's card. All my power is plugged in and my monitor is plugged into the gpu as well. any fixes for this issue?

    Edit: One PCIE Cable wasnt plugged in properly on the PSU side, thanks all for your quick replies, this is a reminder not to get cocky when building computers despite having dine it many times lmao

    submitted by /u/Hammertime1214
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking my PC might need a refresh - What can I replace?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 07:28 AM PDT

    Ive had my very first built PC since around 2017 and Ive recently started noticing some drops in fps and just standard game freezing (specifically when playing games like Warzone, Cold War, etc). What can I replace from my setup that can help it a bit? I highly believe my cooling system in general might be the issue since it seems to happen easily after about an hour into gameplay. any help and advice would help. However since Its been a while, I think its best I try and replace a few parts in there while im at it. I dont mind spending about 3-500 bucks. If I left anything important out, please let me know.

    i5 7600k OC @ 4.2 or 4.3ghz (dont remember but its one of those)

    Corsair DDR4 3GHz 16gb Ram @ 24000 (2-8gb sticks)

    MSI Z270 ATX "Tomahawk" Motherboard

    ASUS GTX 1070 GPU (GPU shortage, really dont want to try finding a better one rn)

    Corsair 120mm SP120 3- rgb cooling fan kit

    Corsair H55 Hydro liquid cpu cooler (single fan one)

    Power- EVGA 650w G3 power supply

    NZXT H510 mid tower

    Monitor - Alienware AW3418DW 34in Ultrawide IPS (Yea, overkill for my setup but i LOVE this thing).

    Im hoping someone can tell me what to upgrade so that I get a smoother gameplay! thanks!

    submitted by /u/c310sar
    [link] [comments]

    windows 10

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 05:18 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I am finishing my build and decided to upgrade my windows 10 home to pro.

    I bought a 10pro key on the microsoft store and went to change the key and got a network error saying to try back later. I eventually got it activated but the process never spent any time loading new software. In update and security it does say that it is now Windows 10 pro.

    I'm wondering if I have completely upgraded to pro or if something is yet left to do.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/huckleberry1008
    [link] [comments]

    X570 auros Pro WiFi or taichi

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 06:46 AM PDT

    Which would be the better option overall not just the vrm

    submitted by /u/kingslayer54801
    [link] [comments]

    Mobo question

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 06:45 AM PDT

    Hello, guys a quick question: What b550 mobo should I get? I was looking at the rog b550-f.

    submitted by /u/materoth
    [link] [comments]

    Rate my first build

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 06:44 AM PDT

    [PCPartPicker Part List](https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kMccDc)

    Type|Item|Price

    :----|:----|:----

    **CPU** | [AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/9nm323/amd-ryzen-5-3600-36-thz-6-core-processor-100-100000031box) | $209.99 @ B&H

    **CPU Cooler** | [Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML120L RGB V2 65.59 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4TpmP6/cooler-master-masterliquid-ml120l-rgb-v2-6559-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-mlw-d12m-a18pc-r2) | $44.99 @ Newegg

    **Motherboard** | [Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/vFhmP6/asus-rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-wi-fi-atx-am4-motherboard-rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-wi-fi) | $199.99 @ Adorama

    **Memory** | [Kingston HyperX Fury RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3733 CL19 Memory](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/cZPgXL/kingston-hyperx-fury-rgb-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3733-memory-hx437c19fb3ak216) | $183.91 @ Amazon

    **Storage** | [Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zFK2FT/western-digital-blue-sn550-500-gb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-wds500g2b0c) | $54.99 @ Amazon

    **Video Card** | [EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB XC GAMING Video Card](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/LpbTwP/evga-geforce-rtx-3060-12-gb-xc-gaming-video-card-12g-p5-3657-kr) | $928.00 @ Amazon

    **Case** | [Deepcool MATREXX 55 V3 ADD-RGB 3F ATX Mid Tower Case](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/BhNgXL/deepcool-matrexx-55-v3-add-rgb-3f-atx-mid-tower-case-dp-atx-matrexx55v3-ar-3f) | $96.22 @ Amazon

    **Power Supply** | [SeaSonic CORE GM 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/sMrYcf/seasonic-core-gm-650-w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-core-gm-650) | $101.98 @ Newegg

    | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |

    | Total (before mail-in rebates) | $1840.07

    | Mail-in rebates | -$20.00

    | **Total** | **$1820.07**

    | Generated by [PCPartPicker](https://pcpartpicker.com) 2021-06-10 09:42 EDT-0400 |

    submitted by /u/cyberpunk19423
    [link] [comments]

    Built a PC based on recommendations from this sub. It works awesome. Then I built the exact same one for work and it has issues. What gives?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 06:33 AM PDT

    Ryzen 9 3900X, GTX 1650 Super, 32GB ram, MSI 550-B Mobo, 1TB M.2 NVMe for OS and storage.

    Randomly throughout my work week I will notice graphical issues. Adobe Premiere is acting all sorts of weird, so I reset my pc. Then it won't boot at all. Mobo debug lights get stuff on VGA. I pull the power cables, unseat and reseat the GPU, then it sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm thinking since it eventually works that maybe its a heat thing? But I have the same built at my house and far inferior air conditioning than in my office and it works fine. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/That-Kitchen-Feeling
    [link] [comments]

    Labtop + Monitor = performance loss?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 06:14 AM PDT

    Will I lose performance if I connect my 1080p monitor on my labtop wich has a 1080p screen?

    submitted by /u/ZackyOnReddit
    [link] [comments]

    Opinions on swapping my TUF 3090OC with an EVGA 3080TI FTW3

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 01:37 AM PDT

    I am debating if I should swap my ASUS TUF 3090 with a friends EVGA 3080TI FTW3 - he's offering that swap + $300. We're both gamers, but he does some mining on the side.

    I'm using my GPU to play games on 3840 x 1600 resolution - and I feel I can get similar, if not better performance out of the EVGA 3080TI due to the better power draw.

    I'm a little hesitating seeing the 12GB ram difference, but I'm in the habit of changing a GPU every couple years, so that shouldn't be an issue for the very short term, I guess...

    What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/gr4vix
    [link] [comments]

    NR200P my first PC

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 04:30 AM PDT

    Finished my first build. This community helped me in a few parts. Glad I finished this so I can play age of empires again.

    I have some custom GPU cables on the way so please ignore that birds nest of dual connectors.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/eBDaDlt

    submitted by /u/nitekillerz
    [link] [comments]

    First PC specs

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 05:23 AM PDT

    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Nn7hz7

    Gonna be used for mostly gaming maybe some editing and streaming lmk if i need to change anything im kinda paranoid because its gonna be the first pc i ever build

    Edit: Here is the new a bit improved list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HVwVvf what is a bios update and how do i do it?

    submitted by /u/Sharp_Philosophy_156
    [link] [comments]

    First Build

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 07:32 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I had a question as i am new to building a pc if i had all the parts neccesary. I will list all my parts below and if you could point out what i am missing that would be great.

    • power supply
    • cpu cooler
    • cpu
    • gpu
    • motherboard
    • case
    • ssd
    • 32gb ram
    submitted by /u/Not_Geert_Wilders
    [link] [comments]

    Help building a music production pc

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 05:16 AM PDT

    Hi

    I have a budget of around 650€ and I want to build a pc. I will use it for music production, so I want to focus on the cpu and ram, and not pay so much attention to the gpu. Do you have any suggestions on where to start?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/paraskakis
    [link] [comments]

    Boot and BIOS screen show tearing, but not in Windows

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 07:21 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/OAQHiC6

    When booting the machine on my MSI Radeon 6800 16G, I noticed some tearing in the top part of the screen. I am not sure if it is clear in the video. It only happens in the boot screen and inside the bios. In Windows there is none of that. I am using one of the displayports.

    My specs are R5 3600, Mobo B550 Gaming Edge Wifi, MSI Radeon 6800 16GB, 16GB RAM DDR4, 2 M.2 250GB and 1000GB.

    I have done the following troubleshooting:

    - Reset the BIOS.

    - Used another displayport.

    - Used the HDMI port and found that there is no tearing at all.

    - Run Time Spy stress test 21 times and found no error (result was 99.4).

    - Adrenalin is at default specs, without OC ON.

    - Played different titles and didn't see such a behavior.

    So, is this something I need to worry about? I exchanged this GPU two days ago and my previous one, a Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT did not show this behavior either.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/augustobotossi
    [link] [comments]

    pc case upgrade

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 06:36 AM PDT

    do i get the phanteks p200a or phanteks p200 performance (15ish dollar difference)

    submitted by /u/Redditmanzas
    [link] [comments]

    i want to upgrade my 1080

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 04:23 AM PDT

    hi,

    i want to upgrade my 1080 since i want to get into VR with 144 hz, but since the market is really gone to hell now, should i wait ? and which card should i get to get full preformance.

    submitted by /u/Starlix09
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any parts other than the fans in a GPU that can make sound. Thanks

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 01:33 AM PDT

    Sound: sounds exactly like a clock with a perfect interval between each tock. Every moving part has been either unplugged or fans stopped other than the GPU and PSU

    If anyone is curious what the sound sounds like, I recorded it https://youtube.com/shorts/M5RKpL5e8h8?feature=share

    submitted by /u/Sajesty
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a small case for a 280mm AIO

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 06:21 AM PDT

    Hi, I recently built a pc, and it seems that my CPU is overheating all the time. So i bought an AIO from NZXT. It seems like my case manual lied about there being space for a 280 radiator, because there is none. So, i am looking for a case with support for my NZXT Kraken x63. If possible, I would like (if possible) the case relatively small because I with to put it on my bureau. I'll leave some specs and preferences below.

    • Must have support for an 280 millimeter radiator.
    • Must have support for an ATX motherboard
    • Must have support for an ATX PSU
    • Under €150
    • Preferred: Relatively small (must fit on a bureau)
    • Preferred: Tempered glass side panel (And maybe front panel aswell?)
    • Preferred: Minimalistic look

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Kalebop1
    [link] [comments]

    Same price but which one would be the better Pow Sup Unit?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 06:20 AM PDT

    Cooler Master MasterWatt 550W 80 Plus Bronze Semi-Fanless Modular Power Supply (MPX-5501-AMAAB-U1)

    Gigabyte GP-P550B 550w 80+ Bronze Power Supply

    submitted by /u/d0uma19
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on this build?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 06:14 AM PDT

    I have a budget of around $1500. Trying to get the most bang for the buck while also keeping some aesthetics.

    Planning on programming, gaming, and light school work.

    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/D9MPBc

    Edit: Ignore the customs, forgot they were on the list. Just there so I don't forget what I need.

    submitted by /u/Casonty06
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment