• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 18, 2021

    Build a PC: Simple Questions - May 18, 2021

    Build a PC: Simple Questions - May 18, 2021


    Simple Questions - May 18, 2021

    Posted: 18 May 2021 05:00 AM PDT

    This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we strongly suggest checking the sidebar and the wiki before posting!). Please don't post involved questions that are better suited to a [Build Help], [Build Ready] or [Build Complete] post.
    Examples of questions suitable for here:

    • Is this RAM compatible with my motherboard?
    • I'm thinking of getting a ≤$300 graphics card. Which one should I get?
    • I'm on a very tight budget and I'm looking for a case ≤$50

    Remember that Discord is great places to ask quick questions as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/livechat

    Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

    Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for r/buildapc mods? We welcome your mod mail!

    Looking for all the Simple Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? This link is now in the sidebar below the yellow Rules section.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I just love this community so much..

    Posted: 18 May 2021 10:48 AM PDT

    When i am bored or depressed i open this sub and start interacting with any post and help as much as i can. Everyone here helps with nothing in return which makes it the most wholesome sub on reddit. Thanks everyone.

    submitted by /u/potatoartist2
    [link] [comments]

    There's a man talking through my computer

    Posted: 17 May 2021 05:39 PM PDT

    I don't understand what it is. It's really weird there's a singular link of someone talking about a similar thing that happened to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-security-winsec/hear-a-man-talking-through-my-laptop/9f182736-aec0-4460-b76d-05a86027e65fIt's a man on a walkie talkie it's no direct words it's just specifically every other week at 9:50 when I have zoom opened it does that. He just says random stuff and it could also maybe be an earbud issue. Since my earbud's wire is slowly started to show and break. It says random stuff at times that has been said in other calls and it's always the same things the man says. He's just on a walkie talkie and it's only when my teacher's speaking he's saying code words like "Got it" "646" "What you need help with" "Alright" it's super random but he says some random words that I could also have promised my friends have said. I've been told it's best if While or before it'd happen I stare at the activity monitor/task manager see what's going on and then after that I'll be able to delete the process that's doing that. I also deleted alot of extensions and i'm planning on reinstalling zoom

    submitted by /u/FrankBaguette
    [link] [comments]

    How can I stop spiders deciding that my pc is their home?

    Posted: 18 May 2021 11:04 AM PDT

    Hello, I live in the UK, in an area where house spiders are very common. Every other day, I have to open and clean my 011-Dynamic of spiders webs and spiders, as they seem to love it in there. This somewhat ruins the aesthetic of my build, not to mention the worries of them breaking something. My room is very clean, I have the dust filters all in place and I have even closed all the windows (causing the room to become a sauna) , and yet they still find a way in. Anyone know any tips?

    submitted by /u/ChazzerDaMan
    [link] [comments]

    Worth it from vega 56 to 6700 XT?

    Posted: 18 May 2021 06:07 AM PDT

    So I can sell my vega for $840 and get the 6700 XT for $1240. It's crazy prices since I've bought mine for $250 and normal 6700 xt prices is $600. So considering that, the delta price actually the same, so it's good deal right? What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/dzigg
    [link] [comments]

    Best CPU processor with integrated graphics?

    Posted: 18 May 2021 12:40 PM PDT

    I'm looking to build a PC but with the way the GPU market is right now I know having a dedicated GPU is near impossible at MSRP. In the meantime I'm looking for a CPU with integrated graphics that can handle a PCSX2 emulator if that is possible.

    I'm not too worried about price as I want to keep this CPU for when I do get the chance to buy a dedicated GPU for AAA games. I'm thinking something along the lines of a i7-10700K, but if anyone can give me some advice or recommendations it would be super helpful.

    EDIT: I've just about made up my mind of either a 11500 or 11700 just need to start shopping around. Once again thank you all for your replies! This sub is truly a godsend for new builders like myself.

    submitted by /u/vanqushingpilot
    [link] [comments]

    Mixing different ram

    Posted: 18 May 2021 07:46 AM PDT

    I bought ram for my old pc that i sold, I didn't put the ram into it thinking ill just return it but i lost my receipt. So now I have 1 16gb 3200hz hyperx fury ram laying around. My pc I just got also has 1 16gb 3200h stick. Im wondering If I can pare them even though they aren't the same brand? My pc is a prebuilt and the ram stick is a plain green one.

    submitted by /u/Vesuviousds
    [link] [comments]

    1030 a good placeholder?

    Posted: 18 May 2021 12:23 PM PDT

    1030 a good placeholder for minecraft, valorant, rocket league till i can get a 3060ti?

    submitted by /u/MyPrEsCiOuSsS
    [link] [comments]

    RGB fan controller for 9+ fans ?

    Posted: 18 May 2021 09:53 AM PDT

    I was looking at the newer EK AIO 360 that comes with 6 fans, my rig would have a total of 9 fans.

    I see the fan controller that comes with it only supports 6 fans.

    Is there a RGB fan controller out there for 9+ fans?

    I cant seem to find any.

    submitted by /u/Flat_Earth_Eric
    [link] [comments]

    Does the Scythe Fuma 2 cooler fit in a corsair 220t case?

    Posted: 18 May 2021 09:41 AM PDT

    So I'm building a PC with a 11700k and I am looking to buy a Scythe Fuma 2 cooler for it. Will that be able to fit in a 220t case?

    submitted by /u/FazeZero69
    [link] [comments]

    Pc Build

    Posted: 18 May 2021 02:38 PM PDT

    Hey I've been thinking of building a budget pc build that should be alright for a couple years. I'm planning on using it for streaming and gaming. Let me know if it is any good. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wp82Cz (Also I'm planning to get next year when prices are normal.)

    submitted by /u/Taco_Tigers
    [link] [comments]

    I'm conflicted here

    Posted: 18 May 2021 12:14 PM PDT

    Should I go for the 5000d airflow or 4000d airflow

    submitted by /u/noideaforadamname
    [link] [comments]

    Need help choosing a monitor

    Posted: 18 May 2021 02:17 PM PDT

    So, I'm in the process of building a pc:

    Red devil 6900xt

    5600x

    32gb 3600 cl16 ram

    I plan to play in 1440p, but I'm unsure on the monitor I should get. Essentially I'm choosing between 240hz or 144+. Games I'd be playing; war zone, apex legends, Diablo 3, borderlands, that sorta style of game. But i also wish to get into cyberpunk and a few other big current titles. If I went 240hz would I just be wasting money for extra frames on low requirement games? As I don't imagine I'd get 240 frames on cyberpunk for example, but I'm happy to be told I'm wrong.

    submitted by /u/SlamLord420
    [link] [comments]

    MSI Z590-A Pro for 2X RTX 3070 + I7 11700k?

    Posted: 18 May 2021 02:13 PM PDT

    It's for Octane GPU Rendering and After Effects/Nuke , any thoughts or other Motherboard recommendations?

    submitted by /u/ondre161
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking to upgrade my prebuilt.

    Posted: 18 May 2021 02:12 PM PDT

    I'm upgrading from 1050 to a gtx 970. My pc is the Acer nitro n50-600-eb16. What cables do i need for the 970, or do i already have evrything neccessary

    submitted by /u/Freakisshh
    [link] [comments]

    AIO underperforming?

    Posted: 18 May 2021 02:10 PM PDT

    I bought a second hand h100i v2, and am running it with an 11600k. (not overclocked). However my temperatures are really really bad, while the water temperature is only 55 degrees. (see picture). The pump says that it is running at 3000 rpm and the fans are maxed out.

    I have tried mounting in in different ways with different pressures, and thermal paste. Though when I take it off, there is very little thermal paste in the middle. I guess it could also be gunk built up inside the loop.

    Any thoughts for what I should do? Thanks :)

    https://imgur.com/i33Kve4

    submitted by /u/koanarec
    [link] [comments]

    Question about today's Shuffle and a new build

    Posted: 18 May 2021 06:37 AM PDT

    Today's Shuffle has a Ryzen 9 5900X, as well as ASUS KO-RTX3070-O8G-GAMING KO GeForce RTX 3070 + ASUS TUF GAMING B450M-PLUS II Micro ATX.

    Is that a good start for a gaming PC assuming that both offers can be obtained (unlikely)? I was originally looking to build a new gaming PC for around $1500, but it appears that hardware is in such short supply that I may just have to take what I can get.

    submitted by /u/Meecht
    [link] [comments]

    Help picking the restparts for my in progress build ????

    Posted: 18 May 2021 02:04 PM PDT

    I have a few parts for my pc, but I'm having trouble figuring out the parts I want.

    Right now I have

    gpu: GeForce 2060

    CPU : ryzen 5 3600X

    Case : NZXT H510

    submitted by /u/shaggysgodfam
    [link] [comments]

    LG 24GN650-B vs AOC 24G2

    Posted: 18 May 2021 10:11 AM PDT

    Hello, I am looking for a gaming monitor. I will mostly use it for csgo. LG has a 1ms GTG but AOC has 1ms MPRT. Will this cause difference in csgo like ghosting and which one has better ips panel ? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/BySnowman
    [link] [comments]

    Case Choice

    Posted: 18 May 2021 01:54 PM PDT

    Hello wonderful community,

    I am going to be building a brand new PC for myself, and I am stuck on the case. Here are the specs of my system and some of my case considerations. I had a talk with my cousin who has an H510 Elite and prefers the 4000D Airflow (and has some buyer's remorse b/c now he thinks the H510 Elite airflow is terrible) but I really dig that glass front of the O11. Let me know.

    System Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 3070, NZXT X73 360mm AIO (should I go with a Z73?), 32GB (4x8GB) G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600 (16-19-19-39 timings), Seasonic Prime TX-850, Strix B550-E, 1TB WD SN850, 1TB Samsung 870 EVO, Corsair LL Fans, Asiahorse Sleeved Extensions

    Case Considerations: Corsair 4000D Airflow, Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (XL and non-XL), Corsair 5000D Airflow

    Any other suggestions/changes to the build along with the case are also welcome. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TheFuture123_2
    [link] [comments]

    Distro-less O11D Mini Snow Edition w/ Soft Tubing

    Posted: 18 May 2021 07:44 AM PDT

    First custom loop - hope you guys like it!

    Photo Gallery

    Specs in comments!

    submitted by /u/leeboyjenkins1
    [link] [comments]

    Ram stuck at 2133mhz

    Posted: 18 May 2021 01:34 PM PDT

    Specs: Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk Cpu: ryzen 9 5950x Gpu: rtx 3090 FE Memory: Corsair vengeance 32gb 3600mhz

    First thing I tried is using xmp profiles but when I boot afterwards it refuses to. I have to clear cmos after many changes in bios.

    I would really appreciate if someone knew how to fix this :)

    submitted by /u/GodGooeyTwitch
    [link] [comments]

    Need help, Says “insert boot media in selected boot device & press a key.”

    Posted: 18 May 2021 01:34 PM PDT

    So I recently built my pc with a benevolent stranger who was very kind! However now I'm sadly stuck on this black screen with a few words, I also need to buy a Window 10 license or so, or what all my friends say, I'm extremely naive. Can anyone help me with this screen if you anyone doesn't mind, I'll send pictures for proof.

    submitted by /u/Random_Human12305
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor turns off - PC still running?

    Posted: 18 May 2021 01:28 PM PDT

    Hey guys, so as the title says my montor just turns off after some but the PC still runs in the backround, I can even her some sounds (games, notifications..) I thought my 500W PSU wasnt enough so I upgraded to 700. But the problem still remains... how can I fix this? Thanks for commenting!

    submitted by /u/spacesumi
    [link] [comments]

    Can i plug in my old Laptop hard drive and then unplug it when im done

    Posted: 18 May 2021 01:28 PM PDT

    basically the title, my old laptop isnt booting but it has some data that i want to get off it, is it safe to plug it in, get the data off, and then unplug it once done

    (when i say plug in, i mean power off the pc, unplug the psu, ect)

    submitted by /u/The_Watcher5292
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment