• Breaking News

    Friday, May 7, 2021

    Build a PC: Simple Questions - May 07, 2021

    Build a PC: Simple Questions - May 07, 2021


    Simple Questions - May 07, 2021

    Posted: 07 May 2021 05:00 AM PDT

    This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we strongly suggest checking the sidebar and the wiki before posting!). Please don't post involved questions that are better suited to a [Build Help], [Build Ready] or [Build Complete] post.
    Examples of questions suitable for here:

    • Is this RAM compatible with my motherboard?
    • I'm thinking of getting a ≤$300 graphics card. Which one should I get?
    • I'm on a very tight budget and I'm looking for a case ≤$50

    Remember that Discord is great places to ask quick questions as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/livechat

    Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

    Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for /r/buildapc mods? We welcome your mod mail!

    Looking for all the Simple Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? This link is now in the sidebar below the yellow Rules section.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    [Big Text Warning] Completed my first ever build! And just wanted to share my story and get your guys' oppinion on all this.

    Posted: 07 May 2021 07:45 AM PDT

    A small (not really) preface: Have been a gamer my whole life, basically ever since my parents bought me my first crappy old PC in 2005 or something. I've never had even a half decent PC and always had to get by with an old laptop that could run Dota 2 but barely, so I either had to play with like 10-15 fps or play something less demanding. But now I'm a 23 year old boy who saved up enough money after dealing with all his debts to have at least an "avarage" PC that could run some cool games at 60 FPS 1080p at least on minimal. It all went relatively well considering my inexperience, I ordered all the parts (after 2 or 3 days of a lot of reading and watching several top 10s and stuff), received them and got to assembling (OH BOY THE EXCITEMENT) it took me about 4 hours of guides, youtube videos, screwdriving and all that jazz AAAAAND IN THE END I got the fans spinning no display thing, FUCK! But then after a week of frustration and even more reading (and also realizing I didn't connect the motherboard speaker properly) I and my girlfriend (God bless her sould) fixed it, apparently I didn't connect the PSU to CPU on the motherboard properly or something (I just plugged it out and in again and it just worked, idk) AND THEN BAM, IT FUCKING WORKS. We installed windows 10 it was done, I have it now, finally.

    Now specs:

    Here's the partpicker (the GPU is second hand) but I'll insert everything here anyway (nevermind the prices, they're wrong, overall everything costed my about 20,000 Ukrainian Hryvna or about 720 USD)

    CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F - I will admit, I picked it kinda at random mostly looking at the price, but apparently I've struck gold here coz I've heard many good things about it. Also it had a cooler with it so that's nice. Also also, it had some thermal paste pre-applied so I didn't have to bother with it, but I've bought a separate tube and will remove and reapply it after I replace my GPU (read below)

    Motherboard: ASRock B460M Pro4 Micro ATX - here I just tried to choose something that can take my cpu (obviously) and doesn't have anything extra or unnecessary like WIFI and etc. (it turned out to have a very small LED that I just turned off in BIOS)

    RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3200 - again, chosen mostly looking at the price but it seems okay, I may or may not buy 8 gig more but so far I haven't noticed the need to do so (I think I seated them properly in the 2 and 4 slot but I'll have to check the motherboard manual)

    GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (used) - okay, I have a confession here, initially I bought an AMD RX 550 becase that's all I had money for and quickly realized that I've made a big mistake because it was a very big bottleneck and I should have known better (hindsight 20/20) but now I've bought this one from a guy on an ad website (like Kraigslist but in my country) below MSRP at least, but I haven't been able to run any tests because I'm away from home for a bit. Should be ok since they did show me some benchmarking and stuff but, obviously, you never know for sure.

    Case: Deepcool MATREXX 30 MicroATX Mini Tower Case - I didn't want anything fancy or flashy, I just wanted a case that works, fits everything and has some USBs and stuff, which is what this is.

    PSU: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 500 W 80+ Bronze - in the hindsight might have overspent on this just a tiny bit but you know, futureproof or something (oh no, the F word), gets the job done for sure, haven't had any problems yet (besides the many cables it has)

    And finally memory storage: 1) Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD
    2) Crucial BX500 240 GB 2.5" SSD - I've read that a big HDD and a small SSD is a good combo, you install your Windows and everything importand or demanding on the SSD and use HDD for everything else (I've also heard that some people move to SSDs entirely but I don't have money for that anyway)

    I guess I'll also mention my monitor here since it's not in the partpicker and I'm too lazy to add it, it's 21.5" Samsung S22F350F (LS22F350FHIXCI), it had many good reviews and 1080p and 60Hz is all I need since I'm not a super competetive FPS gamer (or super competetive anything really)

    And that's it, that's my journey from a shitty pc and an old barely working laptop to my own baby that I've earned and made all by myself (and many guides and videos). The dream of my life coming true.

    But now I have a new dream, and THAT IS TO BUILD A BIGGER AND BETTER PC, LET'S GO BABY!!

    P.S. If you've read all of this, thank you very much, it really means a lot. I actually completed it about a month or two ago but only now decided to post here. Would post a photo, but as I said above - I'm not home now. Have a nice day y'all.

    submitted by /u/SunbleachedAngel
    [link] [comments]

    2TB SSD or 4TB HDD

    Posted: 07 May 2021 07:38 AM PDT

    I currently have a 500GB NVMe SSD in my PC. I'm planning to add more storage, but I'm not sure what I should get.

    I'm deciding between either a Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD and a WD SATA 4TB 7200RPM HDD.

    There isn't a big difference in price, so I'm not too worried about that

    On one hand, one will be faster and half the size, on the other hand, one will be slower but twice the size.

    I'll be storing video files and whatever games I'm not currently playing, so a quicker copy time would be useful but maybe not worth it over more storage space.

    Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/jobernater15
    [link] [comments]

    Hp branded GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4GB or an EVGA GTX 1060 SSC ACX 3.0 6GB?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 06:51 AM PDT

    Putting a system together from some spare parts for a friend who will be doing some light gaming, FO76, Diablo 3, 7 Days To day, etc. Which card would be best, cpu is an I7-6700.

    Thanks,

    submitted by /u/Grinch84
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! Smell of something burning from my power supply

    Posted: 07 May 2021 06:01 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I was hoping someone could help me. The situation is that I can smell a slight burning smell from the power supply. However, my PC is still working fine. I am not sure of the model of the power supply, it came with the case.

    I would appreciate any replies.

    submitted by /u/redtextbook
    [link] [comments]

    Please give feedback on new PC

    Posted: 07 May 2021 01:32 PM PDT

    Ordering from here https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer-Master-9500 Won't be overclocking, are all the components compatible and the RAM is appropriate for the motherboard? I have been reading that 360mm cooling is needed for Ryzen 5900X (or is 240mm ok?). How is the case that I chose.

    Gaming Chassis: Corsair Carbide 275R TG Black ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case with Full Side Tempered Glass Window

    CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 9 5900X 3.7GHz [4.8GHz Turbo] 12 Cores/ 24 Threads 70MB Total Cache 105W Processor

    CPU / Processor Cooling Fan: CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 360EX ARGB 360mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate (3 x Standard 120MM Fans)

    Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X570-P ATX w/ RGB, Realtek LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe RAM / System Memory: 32GB (16GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory (Performance Memory by Major Brands)

    Video Card: [Extra 4 Weeks Lead Time] GeForce RTX™ 3080 10GB GDDR6X (Ampere) [VR Ready] (Single Card)

    Power Supply: 1,000 Watts - Corsair RMx RM1000X 80 PLUS Gold certified Fully Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply

    Primary Hard Drive: 1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 7000/5000 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 1000/1000k (Single Drive)

    submitted by /u/angrylurker124
    [link] [comments]

    Can you use a laptop gpu in a pc?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 07:04 AM PDT

    Just a curiosity question, but the guy who built my pc told me a 1650 ti on the laptop is much different than a 1650 ti on the desktop. I thought both gpu's were the same, can anyone explain?

    submitted by /u/pamma500
    [link] [comments]

    Just got scammed $550 for a graphics card

    Posted: 07 May 2021 12:57 PM PDT

    I'm a 15-year-old who was wanting to buy a graphics card. I've been planning on building a PC for two years now and I finally got all the parts except for a graphics card. I think everyone here knows about the graphics card shortage so I decided to go onto Facebook marketplace to try to find a card. I decided I would just get a 20 series card and wait for maybe the 40 series to come out. I found this 2060 super for $550. I thought why not at a semi-reasonable price so I decided to get it. Today I got the box and I opened it up to find five water bottles. Just five water bottles. I've never been so sad and mad in my life. It's the worst feeling to know you just got scammed out of $550. Everyone who is going to buy a graphics card please be safe. There was sucky people out in the world. Good luck and I hope everyone gets a card soon.

    submitted by /u/wyatt246732
    [link] [comments]

    Ryzen 7 5800x thermals

    Posted: 07 May 2021 06:27 AM PDT

    Hey guys! I started using the new processor from AMd but it seems like the temps during gaming is too high. I tried reapplying thermal paste but still the same. I used the thermal grizzly kryonaut before and used the same.

    1st use: 68°c to 77°C After reapply: 70°c to 78°C I always follow pea sized dot method.

    I already searched the undervolt setting but i do hesitate to do it.

    Any tips on how to lower down the temps?

    submitted by /u/TamedFox96
    [link] [comments]

    How to Transfer Windows 10/HDD data to a newly bought SDD?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 11:23 AM PDT

    I built my first pc about 5 months ago and only got an HDD for it. I just bought a WD Green 2.5" SSD for it and am a bit confused on how to transfer my data over and make it my primary drive. It is connected to my motherboard as well. I've researched about how to transfer it but I've found conflicting answers online. What is the best way to do this?

    submitted by /u/ego-waffles
    [link] [comments]

    Mixing 2 RAM sticks

    Posted: 07 May 2021 12:43 PM PDT

    Is it okay to purchase the same amount of ram, speed and voltage but from a different company?

    submitted by /u/Ryoth_
    [link] [comments]

    A BIG "thank you" to the community for helping me with building my first gaming PC! Here's a list of the parts I used (and some of my opinions on them) and my thought process!

    Posted: 07 May 2021 11:00 AM PDT

    First off, a big "THANK YOU!!" to the community for answering some of the questions I had along the way, and for being an invaluable resource as I searched for posts that answered some of my (at times niche) questions. I was able to fully complete my first build yesterday! Here's a list of the parts I used, and some info on why I chose them/my thought process/my (very light) review:

    • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G - picked this baby because at the time I started my build, I didn't have a GPU. The integrated graphics on this are actually pretty good! It got me through a bit where the build was "done" save for the GPU.
    • Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 - honestly, I picked this one because it had good reviews and I didn't want to pay more for built-in Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Overall I'm happy with it. I also like the RGB strip on the side, which is pretty cool!
    • Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - not much to say here. They look cool with really nice RGB strips built in and are really good overall!
    • Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive - good reviews, quick read/write, and I didn't want to go with an HDD on this build. I'm actually super pleased with it; I was able to take the HDD bay out of my case and make more room for cables, and 2 TB is a lot for me.
    • Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB VENTUS 3X OC - I don't want to talk about how much I paid for this... but let's just say that I think it's pretty rad. Great cooling system and it's a 3070. What's not to love? Admittedly, I was a little bummed about the lack of RGB but I do like how it looks, even if it is massive.
    • Case: Corsair 275R ATX Mid Tower Case - I think this thing looks sick. I dig having the front look a bit more retro, and I'm happy with the overall design. Word of warning: if you're not using the HDD bay, just remove it. If you have it in there, you have VERY little room to move cables around by the PSU. It's actually super annoying and a weird design choice, but luckily that didn't affect me.
    • Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply - not much to say here. The thing can take a lot of wattage and it'll handle whatever I throw at it in the future. I had an issue with my first PSU having something burn out a week or two into use, but Corsair was super quick on getting me a new one and the return was easy, so not many points off.
    • Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit - no explanation needed!
    • Case Fans - I've listed them below for ease. This was something I was super excited about for some reason. I LOVED picking out the fans. I went with non-RGB simply because I didn't care all that much, and I wanted performance over aesthetics. So I picked up some Noctua fans from their Redux line. (Basically, last-gen fans at a smaller cost.) Not to knock their main line of fans, but I could not handle the brown color palette. These things are super cool (heh) and look great. I stuck the two 140mm fans at the front for drawing air in and put one 120mm on top and one in back for airflow out. I highly recommend; they're a bit pricier than most but boy are they worth it. I removed the Corsair fans that came with my case.
      • 2x Noctua P14s redux-1500 PWM 78.69 CFM 140 mm Fan
      • 2x Noctua P12 redux-1700 PWM 70.75 CFM 120 mm Fan
      • Noctua NA-SAVP1 chromax.Grey Anti-Vibration Pads for 120/140mm Noctua Fans (Grey, 16-Pack) (Note: these do not come with the redux fans, so I suggest getting them. They're like, $7.)
    • Monitor: LG 27GL83A-B 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor - I've never bought a monitor before, so I was OK buying a higher-quality one. This thing is heavy as hell, but really nice. It also has G-SYNC, so that's a huge bonus, and the display is just amazing.
    • Keyboard: Logitech G213 PRODIGY RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard - it feels nice, looks nice... that's it.
    • Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO Wired Optical Mouse - see previous bullet point.

    Overall, I'm super happy with how it turned out! Thanks again to everyone that helped me out with the process, whether you realized it or not!

    submitted by /u/Chopping_Mall_
    [link] [comments]

    [Build Complete] Long winding road...

    Posted: 07 May 2021 05:53 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/Gn6wtBt

    So 2 builds and 7 months later I'm finally done (probably....maybe). After having not built a gaming pc in about 13 years (Team XBox!) I decided to get back into it late last year. After spending a ton of time on BAPC and YouTube researching the current state of the industry I built a 3800X / 2060KO build in a white Corsair 275R Airflow case with blue LED fans. Then was lucky enough to get a white Zotac 3070 from there craptastic website while still searching for the elusive 3080. Praise Microcenter I lurked long and hard enough until catching a drop one day and then had a black 3080 which made me rethink my entire aesthetic. So I decided to start from scratch and sold my first build to someone from the local MC discord at cost and spent even more time researching cases and components to really think this one out and here she is...

    Specs :

    CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

    CPU Cooler : EK 360 AIO

    Motherboard : ASUS ROG Strix B550-E

    Memory : Crucial 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16

    Storage : 1GB WD Black 750 NVME SSD , 4GB Seagate Barracuda HDD

    Video Card : Gigabyte Aorus 3080 Master

    Case : Phanteks P500A DRGB

    Power Supply : Super Flower 850W 80+ Gold

    Use Case - Mostly WoW (overkill I know lol) but going to grab an Index and get into the VR game!

    submitted by /u/whobang3r
    [link] [comments]

    Help?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 11:44 AM PDT

    I'm saving and planning on building a PC, most of my knowledge comes from LTT videos. Does anyone have any recommendations for my list (gpu's are impossible to find and I already have 24 gigs of ram and a 650 watt PSU) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Thjwbh

    submitted by /u/Skril76
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a feature on windows where the CPU-fan won't turn on until the CPU is hot enough?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 06:24 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I just bought a Noctua NH-D15 cooler and have noticed it not spinning all the time. It spins when I am in the BIOS and when the computer is starting but not when the computer has started. I am wondering if this has something to do with Windows 10 or if it just not getting enough power.

    submitted by /u/Numerous-Home9548
    [link] [comments]

    Do I buy this psu?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 11:22 AM PDT

    I'm planning on getting a 3060 and a ryzen 7 3700x . Will 600 W be enough? It's on sale rn when delivery to Germany only costs 35£ / 48 $ + and it's from EVGA 80+.

    Link : •https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01127D0MY/ref=psdcmw_430514031_t1_B0825L8BLZ

    submitted by /u/Consistent_Lemon_646
    [link] [comments]

    Guys is a Asus Rog strix 3080 worth it for $1200?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 01:33 PM PDT

    £2200 Gaming PC

    Posted: 07 May 2021 01:23 PM PDT

    Hi, so I have been saving for the last three years and can finally afford my dream PC, I have found out that it will be easier to order my PC and have it built by box.com as they allow a 3070 for £800, they charge £100 build fee and it works out £50 more then if I built it myself. Believe me I would love to build it myself but because of the current GPU situation and scalpers I'm unable to get one at a reasonable price. If I bought a 3070 on eBay for £1000 it wouldn't have warranty and stuff and BOX offers 3 years for the whole pc. Anyway here are the specs, I was just wondering if there was anything I did wrong, basically it's to play most games at max settings and do some VR..

    https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/YsFQQD

    submitted by /u/OW53
    [link] [comments]

    First Gaming PC Check

    Posted: 07 May 2021 01:17 PM PDT

    Build Help/Ready:

    Have you read the sidebar and rules? (Please do)

    Yes

    What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

    Primarily gaming and simple stuff like writing papers, etc. For gaming, games like Minecraft and emulation (DS and older). Maybe some newer stuff like Monster Hunter Rise or games of that sort. A dream of mine would be for it to be VR capable with the Quest 2 or the sort.

    If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, framerate, game settings)

    I'm not really looking for anything intensive. Honestly, just that it runs and does so effectively! I guess 60 FPS? Super beginner here haha

    What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

    Looking to stay under $700. I'm currently around $600 and that's a pretty good place to be!

    In what country are you purchasing your parts?

    United States. Have access to a Microcenter.

    Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please). Consider formatting your parts list. Don't ask to be spoonfed a build (read the rules!).

    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3w2hXb

    Provide any additional details you wish below.

    Not going to be overclocking or anything of that sort. If there's a way to lower the price or a better alternative, I'd love to know! Also, I have an AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT GPU but it doesn't show up on PCPartPicker.

    Finally, looking for suggestions on a power supply. I got the one listed at Microcenter but read I'm better off buying a different one for what I paid ($70). Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/glutenfreepenguin
    [link] [comments]

    RTX 3060 for $480, worth it?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 01:16 PM PDT

    Hi all, I am looking into building my own gaming PC soon. Obviously the GPU market is kind of scuffed right now, but at my local computer store they were in fact selling some RTX 30 series cards. The main one I was looking for was the RTX 3060 12gb, and the cheapest one I saw was the EVGA RTX 3060 XC ($390 MSRP). They were selling this for $480, so roughly $90 over the MSRP. Do you guys think it's worth buying? I can't see the card anywhere else online that is in stock, so this may be my only option. I can also wait until later in the year to see if the prices go down but I heard the shortages won't go away until possibly 2022.

    submitted by /u/BaldEagle1949
    [link] [comments]

    How long do PSU's last when stored?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 10:50 AM PDT

    I'm thinking of buying this PSU for a future build, as it is a very good deal. However, I'm not sure when I will be getting the other parts for this computer. How long will it last if I store it, and where would be the best place to store it in? It will be unopened in its box.

    Link to the PSU in case it helps - https://computers.woot.com/offers/evga-80-plus-bronze-power-supply-2?ref=w_cnt_lnd_cat_pc_8_5

    submitted by /u/Imrl_
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to get around the issue of 1080p looking really blurry on a 1440p monitor?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 12:52 PM PDT

    I want to get a 1440p 27 inch monitor with 144hz around $300-$600, but I watch quite a bit of YouTube and YouTube videos are usually 1080p. This is an issue because of the issues with 1080p being blurry on a 1440p monitor. Is there anyway around this?

    submitted by /u/ShrekFairfield
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to upgrade my doodoo PC! Need advice

    Posted: 07 May 2021 12:49 PM PDT

    Hey all, I got a $250 Visa Gift card and am looking to upgrade my current PC. I'm a newbie so any help would be appreciated. I'm running a dual monitor set up - one monitor is via VGA and the other is HDMI. I use the computer predominantly for browsing the web, watching tv, work, trading and some Python which I'm teaching myself currently.

    Current Specs:

    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor

    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterAir MA410P 66.7 CFM CPU Cooler

    Motherboard: Asus PRIME B450M-A/CSM Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

    Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

    Wifi Card: Doodoo Netgear USB Wifi Card

    Case: NZXT H510 Case which is dented up from being mailed and mishandled

    I was thinking it may be a good idea to get an actual Wifi card - but I am unsure which to get. Is this presumption correct? Should I be looking at upgrading my motherboard? I'm not sure what to use the balance of the gift card on. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/ScholarlyIdiot
    [link] [comments]

    My First PC Build. I got all my PC parts. But I have a few questions before I start building.

    Posted: 07 May 2021 10:33 AM PDT

    Hello r/buildapc Community!

    I bought the parts for my first PC build during January 2021. I was intially planning for a Ryzen 3600 + RTX 3060 Ti but due to the prices in my country back then, I decided to go for an Intel 10400F(as I will be using it primarily for Gaming) but coudn't acquire an RTX card. After waiting for 3 months, I decided to get the RX 550 until RTX stock arrives.

    So I have a few questions before building the PC .Here is my PC part list!

    PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GtJ6fP

    CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor

    Motherboard: MSI B460M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard

    Memory: ADATA XPG GAMMIX D30 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory

    Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

    Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

    Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 550 2 GB Phoenix Fan Video Card

    Power Supply: Gigabyte P GM 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

    Monitor: Samsung LC27G55TQWNXZA 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor

    Case: Chiptronex Viper RGB Mid Tower Case

    Mouse: Logitech G402 Gaming Mouse

    Keyboard: Ant Esports MK3400V2W

    Mobo Manual if required

    Questions:

    1. i5-10400F Spec Sheet states that the processor only supports upto 2666Mhz. But my memory can go upto 3000Mhz. In this case, will enabling XMP in the BIOS cause problems?Will setting the RAM speeds to 3000Mhz cause problems?
    2. Do I need to keep the other drivers ready in a pendrive or is it okay to do it after installing Windows on the SSD?
    3. While installing Windows should I keep the HDD connected or should I install Windows only with the SDD first?
    4. My case comes with its own aRGB Fan Hub. The case consists of 4 fans - 3 front and 1 back. All fans were previously connected and there are 3 cables that need to be connected while building the PC. But I'm confused about where they should be connected to. #1This is the hub #2 Big one for PSU and 3-pin for Mobo? #3These two 3 pin conncetors are connected to each other. So which one do I use? #4#5
    5. Motherboard has 4 fan pins-CPU,PUMP, SYS_1 and SYS_2. So is it possible to put fan in PUMP slot? Or should I stick to SYS_1 and SYS_2? Do I need to worry considering I have a fan hub in my case?
    6. Finally, I just want to ask for general advice and mistakes to avoid during my first build.
    7. Also what software do you recommend installing after a first build?

    Also I'm planning ot use the Intel stock cooler for now. I read some people mentioning that a 65W CPU wouldn't heat up too much so I'm hoping I'll be fine. But I will upgrade to a better cooler if the temperatures are too high.

    And NO, I'm not gaming at 1440p on a RX 550. As I mentioned , its just a temporary graphics card for gaming at 1080p low on older titles(Considerable upgrade from the old laptop I currently game on at 720p low.)

    submitted by /u/BlastTheManiac
    [link] [comments]

    What are the coolest Vega 64 Reference settings that work for you?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 12:41 PM PDT

    Recently moved to mAtx, and my MSI Airboost OC Vega 64 runs hot, which wasn't the case in my previous Atx build. I had a custom UV/OC setting that worked well but can't use anymore. Would love to hear your thoughts and settings on getting this to run as cool as possible.

    submitted by /u/silkandsteel_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment