• Breaking News

    Friday, December 25, 2020

    Hardware support: Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the $600 8 port unmanaged gigabit switch

    Hardware support: Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the $600 8 port unmanaged gigabit switch


    Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the $600 8 port unmanaged gigabit switch

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 09:21 AM PST

    [Anandtech] Installing Windows on an Xbox One APU: The Chuwi Aerobox Review

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 07:54 AM PST

    MediaTek leapfrogs Qualcomm as the world's largest smartphone chipset vendor thanks to huge growth in India and Latin America

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 12:22 PM PST

    [AHOC] GPU PCB Breakdown: XFX RX 6800 XT Speedster Merc 319

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 12:25 AM PST

    (VideoCardz) MSI focusing on Radeon RX 6000 GAMING series only, other series currently not planned due to lack of Navi 21 GPU supply

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 12:38 AM PST

    UPDATE: Faulty Corsair HX1200 / HX1200i PSUs

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 09:06 AM PST

    So, to follow up on my post earlier in the week; https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/kh3yg5/faulty_corsair_hx1200_hx1200i_psus/

    I've been going back and forth with Corsair since September, and at the time I made my original post, I was completely out of patience. I made the post at the same time as I sent a pissed off follow up to my open support ticket.

    Whilst I'm still pissed off that it was dragged out over 3 months, I am pleased that I do know have a resolution.

    They couldn't replace it with another HX1200i due to a lack of stock (I think I saw the expected availibility date at some UK retailers is April 2021?!) so they instead asked if an AX1600i would be an acceptable replacement, which I have accepted.

    Also of note is u/CorsairNick said in my other thread that someone would be reaching out to me to discuss the partial compensation for my damaged motherboard; as of right now, no one has contacted me to follow up.

    I'm pretty happy to finally have a functional PSU on it's way, and a pretty sweet upgrade at that.

    Still not thrilled that I've wasted so much time on the issue, and that I'm £40ish out of pocket due to the whole debacle.

    submitted by /u/Noxious89123
    [link] [comments]

    TP-Link updates Archer AX20 v2.0 with WPA3 support

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 02:51 PM PST

    I saw a new entry for the AX20V2 in FCC ID, and was curious what the changes were. So I compared the datasheets on tp-link.com

    The only change was the added support WPA3-Personal. For a €109 router it's nice that it now/soon ships with the latest wireless security spec, but it's a bit confusing that they launch it with the same SKU code (call it the AX21 for example).

    submitted by /u/Balance-
    [link] [comments]

    Crucial P2 1TB PCIe Gen3 NVMe M.2 SSD Review | ServeTheHome

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 05:18 PM PST

    Actinius launches nRF9160 SoM and XBee module with NB-IoT, LTE Cat-M, and GPS

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 02:12 PM PST

    [VideoCardz] MSI shows off Radeon RX 6800 XT GAMING X TRIO, confirms RX 6900 XT GAMING X TRIO

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 02:55 AM PST

    Bluetooth, Radiowaves, and Mouse latency

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 11:25 AM PST

    We all know that as frequency goes up: bandwidth goes up, and latency goes down. This is why 5ghz wireless has lower latency than 2.4ghz. However, higher frequency means difficulty transmitting through denser obstructions. This is why although 802.11ad (60ghz) routers are cool, they're not very practical to setup and use in your home. Since computers and peripherals are often close together, why don't manufactures use higher frequency radio waves such as 60ghz? They often choose bluetooth/2.4ghz radio waves which causes higher latency. Logitech's "G pro wireless" and "G pro X superlight" use "lightspeed wireless," but I could not find anywhere what that means.

     

    Here's a cool article from Qualcomm showing the differences between 802.11ac vs 802.11ad where they say:

    Our test results also reveal that 802.11ad offers dramatically lower latency compared with 802.11ac. With approximately one-tenth the latency of 802.11ac, 802.11ad is necessary for low latency applications, from the very basic (wireless mouse) to the more advanced applications, including those applications which leverage virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR).

    https://www.qualcomm.com/media/documents/files/signals-research-group-whitepaper-the-complementary-roles-of-802-11ac-and-802-11ad-with-a-wireless-docking-station-in-an-office-environment.pdf

    submitted by /u/Techmoji
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment