• Breaking News

    Friday, November 6, 2020

    Build a PC: Simple Questions - November 06, 2020

    Build a PC: Simple Questions - November 06, 2020


    Simple Questions - November 06, 2020

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 04:11 AM PST

    This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we strongly suggest checking the sidebar and the wiki before posting!). Please don't post involved questions that are better suited to a [Build Help], [Build Ready] or [Build Complete] post. Examples of questions:

    • Is this RAM compatible with my motherboard?
    • I'm thinking of getting a GTX 1070. Which one should I get?
    • I'm on a very tight budget and I'm looking for a case < $50

    Remember that Discord is great places to ask quick questions as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/livechat

    Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

    Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for /r/buildapc mods? We welcome your mod mail!

    Looking for all the Simple Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? This link is now in the sidebar below the yellow Rules section.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    You should *really* carefully consider the gaming results obtained by a large variety of different reviewers before making any Ryzen 5000 series (or other CPU) purchasing decisions.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 06:36 AM PST

    Overall, we're seeing some uncommonly large variance in gaming benchmarks as far as the new chips are concerned from various reviewers who are equally well known and widely considered to be equally reputable.

    For example, Hardware Unboxed has both the 5950X and 5900X as being virtually identical overall to both each other and also the i9-10900K in terms of gaming performance, with the i9-10900K still specifically pulling ahead in a fair number of the games you might "expect" it to.

    Unlike reviewers such as Gamer's Nexus and Linus Tech Tips, Hardware Unboxed does not impose official-spec power limits on any of the chips they test, be they AMD or Intel. I personally feel that this is probably the most realistic operating scenario, as people who buy the i9-10900K (or 5950X or 5900X in all likelihood) for a premium gaming build definitely don't care in the slightest about power consumption, and will absolutely run it in whatever configuration makes it perform most optimally and provide the most frames.

    Am I saying that anyone is necessarily "absolutely unquestionably right" or "absolutely unquestionably wrong" in their testing methodology? No. Am I saying that anyone has provided results that are straight up "invalid"? Absolutely not.

    What I am saying though is that you most likely should not actively expect to see identical performance as any single review showed a given chip you're going to buy as providing.

    Watch and read as many reviews as you can, and expect performance that is roughly an average of all of their results for your chosen CPU to avoid disappointment.

    Furthermore, consider how your planned overall system configuration stacks up against those reviews. What RAM are you going to buy, and how does it compare to the different RAM kits they used? What GPU are you going to buy, and how does it compare to the different GPUs they may have used? And so on and so forth.

    submitted by /u/Akira13645
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you for the nine years of service, i5 2500k. Here's to a (hopeful) ten productive years with Ryzen.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 06:10 AM PST

    Hi everyone, I don't really need advice/help picking out parts or anything, but just wanted to share my recent purchase because of how excited I am. Upgrading from an Intel 2500k to an AMD 5900x.

    -- new machine:

    CPU: AMD 5900x

    Motherboard: Asus TUF Wifi X570

    RAM: Ripjaws V 2x16gb DDR4 3600 CL16

    Cooler: Noctua DH-D15S

    Gpu: gtx 970 (remnant from previous build, I do some gaming but not much nowadays)

    -- old machine:

    CPU: Intel i5 2500k (overclocked full time at 4.5ghz -- 9 years of constant overclocking!)

    Motherboard: MSI p67a-g45, eventually replaced by ASUS p8p67

    RAM: 16gb DDR3

    Cooler: Hyper 212 evo

    Gpu: 560 ti, replaced by gtx 970

    The years of ownership of my current PC has been a learning experience. Eleven years ago, I built an E7200 computer and later upgraded to an i5 2500k. I had no idea what I was doing or what I needed, but now I feel like I'm a much smarter/thriftier shopper -- "thrifty" not in the sense of being cheap, but in the sense that I feel like I have some intuition about what "good value" means for me and what makes me happy. My life is also very different now from what it used to be and so I've been having some real nostalgia trips about life events that this CPU has gotten me through. I'm very much looking forward to having faster RAM, CPU cache and cores.

    And last but not least: this subreddit was an invaluable resource nine years ago when I was building my i5 2500k PC. Sorry for not giving back/posting advice like the rest of you but thanks for being a great community!

    submitted by /u/cant_read_captchas
    [link] [comments]

    PC immediately goes to standby after BIOS

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 01:57 PM PST

    Hello, my PC is loading past BIOS, then goes to standby, I can't get to my Windows login screen. I'm receiving error code E3, which for my motherboard is saying "OS S3 wake vector call."

    I've tried a few things. Installed Windows 10on a new drive and it went to standby when it got to the "Hi" screen, I updated BIOS, reset BIOS, changed "S3 save mode" settings (only allows enabled or disabled), tried XMP profile, tried default profile, tried changing RAM voltage, RAM slots, tried putting in one stick on every individual RAM slot, even bought new RAM and repeated every individual slot, tried fast boot, reseated everything. I keep getting E3 error, like after BIOS load, it boots straight into standby and I can't wake it up.

    My specs are as follows:

    Aorus Gaming 9 x299 Motherboard

    G.Skill 3200MHZ DDR4 RAM, @ 2133 defaults currently

    Intel 7920X @ 2.9 defaults currently (has been overclocked to 4.6 for a year now with no issues, just using 2.9 due to bios defaults)

    2080 TI GTX video card

    EVGA 850W Gold power supply

    1TB 960 Pro Samsung M.2 drive

    A couple of 2TB Samsung Evo SSDs for storage

    Thank you for any suggestions you can provide!

    submitted by /u/CFOGetsPaidFirst
    [link] [comments]

    Ram running at 3500mhz (rated at 3000) with no overclocking

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 05:46 PM PST

    For some reason, occasionally, my Ram will run at 3500mhz (and no tweaking in the bios will change it).

    The only way to put it back to 2100ish mhz is to clear cmos.

    The funky part is I don't have XMP enabled and when I do enable it, I get the black screen of death. Even funkier - when I try to set ram speed manually, it defaults back to the ridiculous 3500.

    I'm running at the 2100 speed now as I'm worried 3500 is too fast (especially since I don't know why it's running that fast and since the sticks are only rated for 3000).

    Any ideas?

    Edit: (Sort of) Solved! It was Ryzen Master - ages ago I set my memory clock to 1700. Despite uninstalling Ryzen master loads, it now just thinks my default ram speed is 1700. I've now manually changed it to hit 3000 in Ryzen Master. It's still not completely happy as when I ask RM to make it hit 2133mhz and then enable xmp it... Stays at 2133mhz. Whatever, I've now just manually changed it to hit 3000mhz.

    PSA: DONT FUCK AROUND IN RYZEN MASTER unless you know what you're doing.

    Thanks for all your help guys. If you have any tips to solve the current problem of RM being a bitch let me know.

    submitted by /u/mister_pleco
    [link] [comments]

    Recommend a gaming monitor for son, I'm lost.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 01:42 AM PST

    Hello,

    My son has a gaming PC I built in August (first time in about 10 years) and all is good thanks to you guys as I had no idea. Any way he uses his 32in TV and I want to surprise him with a monitor for Xmas, I think 24 or 28inch is fine and he uses a Geforce 2060 RTX.

    I'm not after a top end one as I can't afford too much maybe £200-£300.

    Any recommendations would be me most appreciated.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/G0nz0uk
    [link] [comments]

    AMD Ryzen 7 3700x vs Ryzen 5 5600x

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 10:34 AM PST

    Was lucky enough to get my hands on the 5600x but after looking into it, it doesn't seem like its too different from the 3700x. Any opinions? I'm going to be doing gaming and normal use like Adobe premiere.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/cirsticrab
    [link] [comments]

    Ram dilemma: 3200mhz 14CL vs 3600mhz 18CL

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 01:20 PM PST

    So i am planning on building a pc with the new 5600x but i didn't know what ram to buy (i do know that i want 16gb).

    My friends bought 16gb 3600mhz (18CL) for their ryzen 3000 series because 'faster is better'

    But i remember seeing a video explaining that lower frequency ram with higher CL values might be faster than higher frequency ram with higher CL values, so i was thinking of buying 3200mhz 14CL memory.

    How much does this matter and what is the better choice?

    submitted by /u/pingi2015
    [link] [comments]

    This Newegg prebuilt costs less than it's parts, what am I missing here?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 01:52 PM PST

    Hi, so I am planning on building my first PC soonish, just trying to save some more money here and there. When I have the time, I research PC parts, finding out what makes one card/chip better than another, why one is priced higher than the other, stuff like that. While I was doing thing, I came across a prebuilt that is a lot cheaper than the parts that make it up. I am under the understanding that prebuilts cost a whole lot more than if you built the PC yourself, so what's making this PC so cheap? It's on sale right now, but even the non-sale price isn't much more. There's obviously something going on with this prebuilt, so what is it?

    Link to the prebuilt: https://www.newegg.com/skytech-st-chronosmini-0073-chronos-mini/p/N82E16883289052?Description=rtx%202080%20desktop&cm_re=rtx_2080%20desktop-_-83-289-052-_-Product&quicklink=true

    Price of Prebuilt (sale/no sale) - $1399/1899

    Parts in Prebuilt

    Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz - $325 (https://www.newegg.com/amd-ryzen-7-3700x/p/N82E16819113567?Description=Ryzen%207%203700X%203.6%20GHz&cm_re=Ryzen_7%203700X%203.6%20GHz-_-19-113-567-_-Product&quicklink=true)

    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB - $1115 (https://www.newegg.com/asus-geforce-rtx-2080-super-rog-strix-rtx2080s-a8g-gaming/p/N82E16814126336?Description=RTX%202080%20Super%208%20GB&cm_re=RTX_2080%20Super%208%20GB-_-14-126-336-_-Product&quicklink=true)

    1 TB SSD - $100 (https://www.newegg.com/intel-665p-series-1tb/p/N82E16820167469?Description=1%20tb%20ssd&cm_re=1_tb%20ssd-_-20-167-469-_-Product&quicklink=true)

    16 GB DDR4 RAM (this one varied by a lot, if anyone knows why RAM can vary so much lemme know) - $105 (https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232859?Description=8gb%20ddr4&cm_re=8gb_ddr4-_-20-232-859-_-Product&quicklink=true)

    600W PSU - $110 (https://www.newegg.com/evga-supernova-650-ga-220-ga-0650-x1-650w/p/1HU-00J7-004V5?Description=600w%20psu&cm_re=600w_psu-_-1HU-00J7-004V5-_-Product)

    Total Price Parts bought separately - $1755

    And I didn't even include a case, motherboard, or Windows 10, all of which (obviously) come with the prebuilt. Even off sale, when you factor in the parts I didn't include, you're gonna be around the same price of the prebuilt. Why is this prebuilt so cheap? Did the parts I end up picking just happen to be better than the parts in the prebuilt?

    Also, since I'm still looking to learn, any PC building tips that you want to share will be appreciated.

    Edit: I know this sort of touches on Rule 4, but this post is focusing more on why a personally built PC would be more expensive than a prebuilt, not on the prebuilt itself.

    submitted by /u/dumname2_1
    [link] [comments]

    Response from MSI support regarding XMP profiles

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 12:49 PM PST

    Cross-posting from r/MSI_Gaming

    My Ticket:

    Hello, I installed an AMD 5950x CPU into my Meg Ace x570 motherboard yesterday. This board had been running a 3900x, and was able to use the XMP ram profile for the memory kit (3600mhz/cas 18). Now the system will not boot faster than 3200mhz, and will not accept any other timing changes. This seems to be a widespread issue with the latest version of the BIOS for this board (which was required to even boot the system). Is this issue known, and is there a fix incoming? Thanks.

    Their response:

    Hello, according to AMD, This processor can only do up to 3200mhz https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-9-5950x

    My update:

    This is not an acceptable response. The 3900x I had in the same board, with the same memory, had no issues hitting the XMP profile. That processor is also listed by AMD as only going up to 3200mhz. Other 5000-series retail models are in the wild right now, with only MSI boards having consistent issues going above the 3200mhz threshold. The IO due and memory controller on the 5000 series is identical to the 3000-series, so I find it highly unlikely that it wouldn't be able to hit the same speeds as the previous generation.

    I know I'm barking up the wrong tree with a tier-1 tech, but this kind of boilerplate response is really unacceptable. My entire purpose of submitting the ticket was to make sure they are aware of the issue. I know this is launch silicon, but they could at least take issues like this seriously. I'm assuming that this will go nowhere, and go unseen anyone who could actually set the ball rolling on a fix. I'll wait and see if this actually gets addressed, and post an update.

    submitted by /u/GallstafSOL
    [link] [comments]

    HELP i am an idiot

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 01:11 PM PST

    I just built my first pc, and like an absolute idiot I ordered a windows 10 DVD instead of a flash drive. Am I able to put the DVD in my macbook and transfer it to a flash drive so I can upload to my PC? Or do I just have to return it and buy a new one? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/ItsAOneGanShow
    [link] [comments]

    I need some guidance. A lot actually

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 12:12 PM PST

    So I know nothing about computers. I should im only 28. However i work 70+ hours a week at an extremely physical job and have for a long time. Multiple kids and a wife on top of that has always kind of discouraged me from dabbling in what I'd like to do. Recently the labor has had both mental and very noticeable physical effects on me and its time to make a change. I've always wanted to do the computer thing. I've asked someone once and the reply I got was "well, what do you want to learn?". All of it. Coding, websites....If you can sit down at a computer and do it, i want to learn how. I want to learn these skills as well as gain thorough knowledge of hardware. I need to know what to buy and where to start. I need some suggestions. Also, I've seen a lot of "what are you looking to do with with your pc?". My answer would be as above, everything. And some gaming. I'm willing to put around 2000 into whatever will be top of the line for a good while but could do more if necessary. I know I probably sound like an idiot, please just assume I've never heard of a computer before today!

    submitted by /u/sweetsweetkarma91
    [link] [comments]

    6 cores for vr?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 08:29 AM PST

    I'm planning to upgrade my graphics card to maybe an Rx 5800 xt, and I don't know if I should also upgrade my cpu + motherboard, because if I do so I'll have to wait on a vr headset. I have an OC'd intel core i5 9600k and an MSI Z390-A Pro, is that good enough for vr? I heard somewhere you want at least 8 cores.

    submitted by /u/ThatSourMelon
    [link] [comments]

    On the topic of "Paper Launches"

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 01:47 PM PST

    Obviously there have been a lot of complaints of scalpers and short supply. However, I was looking around UserBenchmark to see how many people are actually testing their hardware. Scalpers would want to get the most money, so they would probably keep everything New and not bother benchmarking it.

    Of course, not everyone uses UserBenchmark, so this is just one data point for reference. As of the time of this post, the RTX 3080 has had 16,010 UserBenchmark tests, compared to 4,167 for the 3070 and 2,963 for the 3090. The 3080 has been out the longest and the 3090 is very niche, so we wouldn't expect a lot of "real" people to buy it. The 3070 has only been out for 9 days compared to 50 days for the 3080. Some people probably haven't even received their mailed orders yet, so that's another reason the numbers are a little lower.

    This brings us to the AMD CPU launch. Yes, it's frustrating supply didn't last long, but that's the demand. In about 1-2 weeks we should start seeing more tests come around if they actually got into the hands of "real" people. I think I heard some Microcenters had available CPU's hours after the store opened yesterday, so I'm rather confident AMD had at least a decent supply going in to launch day.

    All that being said, demand is just different this year. With the pandemic lots of people are figuring out at home solutions, more people are going into gaming and streaming, so there is an increase of people vying for the same parts. Relax. Things will become available eventually. I'm guessing there's no "necessary" rush for most people to get the latest and greatest.

    submitted by /u/SiN_Fury
    [link] [comments]

    Pairing suitable video card to my monitor (newbie questions)

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 12:25 PM PST

    I recently upgraded my mobo to x570 in anticipation of getting one of the new gen CPU and GPU's. I have the monitor below and looks to be able to do WQHD which i understand is 1440p? Given my monitor's lower price i was a little surprised. Did i understand right, is there anything else to consider? Also should i use HDMI or displayport?

    https://www.umart.com.au/Samsung-32in-2K-WQHD-Curved-144Hz-DP-2xHDMI-FreeSync-VESA-Monitor--LC32JG54QQEXXY_53043G.html

    submitted by /u/ninjaxus
    [link] [comments]

    PC not displaying any video after a GPU upgrade. Neither GPU now outputs any video

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 01:25 PM PST

    Troubleshooting Help:

    What is your parts list? Consider formatting your parts list.

    PCPartPicker Part List

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (14nm) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor $189.98 @ Amazon
    CPU Cooler Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler $59.99 @ Amazon
    Motherboard ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard $299.99 @ Amazon
    Memory G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory $59.99 @ Newegg
    Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4 GB FTW ACX 2.0+ Video Card -
    Power Supply NZXT C 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $109.99 @ Amazon
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total $719.94
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-06 16:20 EST-0500

    Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

    Currently going through some incremental upgrades, and managed to snag a 3070, and tried installing it. PC booted with all fans spinning and USB ports had power, however there was no video being outputted. Went back to the old GPU that had just been working 10 minutes ago, and that one isn't outputting any video either.

    List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

    I've tried: Re-connecting all power cables, re-seating RAM, switching RAM around in different slots, clearing CMOS, and re-built outside my case. The last thing I haven't tried is actually taking out the CPU and putting it back in, though I don't know if that would help at all.

    Provide any additional details you wish below.

    My case/motherboard did not come with a buzzer/speaker for beep codes, and I just ordered one that's coming in tomorrow to debug. In the meantime, I'm really not sure how to proceed here

    submitted by /u/SexyLumber
    [link] [comments]

    What size power supply for my PC build

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 02:56 PM PST

    My PC currently has an antec 850 watt psu that can max output 1000 I want to add a 3rd GPU to my PC though and I dont think it can handle it considering it has only 2 8 pin pcie power connecters I'm using molex to 8 pin adapters for my second GPU is it a stupid idea to put in a 3rd GPU and just add more molex adapters

    My rig CPU i7 3770k GPU1 saphire r9 280x vapor x in crossfire Gpu2 Dell r9 280x in crossfire Case antec performance series p183 Motherboard asrock z77 extreme 4 Power supply antec 850 watt Ram just random 4gb sticks 16gb total

    submitted by /u/ch3ze
    [link] [comments]

    When to bite the bullet with a new build

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 12:35 AM PST

    Hi all. I built my first PC in 2013. A sweet GTX760 and i5 4670k. It's still running... With all the new tech coming out I've finally decided to buy a new rig. Currently it looks like a bad time with supply chains and with cyber Monday coming up, I'm wondering whether I should wait until the new year. But will the supply chains for the AMD Ryzen 5 5600x and 3070s be fixed by then? Just wondering what people think. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/de_adean753
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on cooling Ryzen 5600x?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 11:46 AM PST

    Hi folks.

    I was planning to splurge on a 5900x or 5800x, but snagged a 5600x in light of the stock issues - and with how similar their gaming performance looks now that we have some reviews, I'm probably going to just stick with it.

    I had already bought an Arctic liquid freezer AIO, planning on the higher TDP chip, but now it's tempting to return it and downgrade or even stick with the stock cooler for the time being.

    Is there any consensus yet on how much of an impact aftermarket coolers make with the 5600x? Between the stock wraith cooler, a midrange aftermarket, or a higher end AIO or Noctua air cooler, is there likely to be much of a real effect on performance at stock or with a light overclock? Or not until you get into heavier OCs?

    What's everyone planning to go with for their systems?

    submitted by /u/Veneousaur
    [link] [comments]

    Help with new H510 elite/RTX 3080/Ryzen 5600 RGB gaming rig

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 02:26 PM PST

    Hello everyone!

    After doing a lot of research i came to the following build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xbfW3Z

    I am pretty certain i want a rig with the nzxt h510 elite case in combination with the z63 aio cooler. I tried to find a balance between performance and looks. Now before i make my final decision and order my parts i do have certain questions for you guys.

    1. I read some mediocre reviews about the airflow of the h510 elite. After doing more and more research and reading a lot of consumer reviews the airflow problem seems to be a bit blown out of proportion and isn't so bad after all. Do you guys think i will have any issues with the asus rog strix 3080 + ryzen 5600's temp with the current build or will i be fine? What are your personal expierences with this case if any? I do want to add i am certainly not planning on boosting/OC'ing this pc to the limits whatsoever. I do want to game in ultra setting 2k and possibly 4k in the future.
    2. With the 3080 being a huge card, will i be able to mount the tubes of the z63 at the bottom without colliding with the gpu? I found out that the right place to install the aio is tubes down. A lot of people mentioned that it is not possible to put the aio in that position in this case but others said it is. Or should i just not bother with the tubes down and place them up ? ("wrong")
      To give you an idea, this guy positioned them tubes down: https://i.redd.it/uhh36x41qui51.jpg
    3. Are all the components well adjusted to eachother in terms of performance and compatibility? Or is there something i could/should be changing to improve it?
    4. Is the PSU sufficient for my build.

    I hope to get some feedback and know what you guys think ab the rig! :)

    One last thing i want to add is that i am aware that i can get cheaper parts for the same performance but since this is a one in 5 year thing i don't care about paying the few extra $100 for the aesthetics/high quality components.

    Thank you in advance guys!

    submitted by /u/AlexanderHerl
    [link] [comments]

    Any ideas on a $2k budget build

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 07:50 AM PST

    This is my first build, never had a pc that wasn't anything but outdated dinosaurs, so any advice would help. What I'm looking for is the best build on a $2k budget, my friend is somewhat pc savvy and sent me a link of pc parts I could get that would be the best bang-for-my-buck, but I still wanted to bounce this off with others who know what they're talking about. Thank you.

    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xT6Qz7

    submitted by /u/OnlyOneVillain
    [link] [comments]

    Ryzen 5 3600 Temps

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 10:36 AM PST

    My CPU (3600x) runs pretty steady at 40 degrees idle. In games I can get it to peak at mid 70s and normally in the 60s. In cinebench r20 on one run got to only 81. I know the peaks arent as high as ohher people are reporting but should I get a cpu cooler like the hyper 212? This is my first PC build and I dont want to cause any damage!

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/kingjulianh
    [link] [comments]

    I want to buy a ryzen processor, what is everyone's experience with them?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 02:20 PM PST

    I'm upgrading from an i5 4570s, and since that's so old, i'd be open to springing for something very contemporary, so what do you guys recommend?

    submitted by /u/skeege2
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for suggestions on improving my current build

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 02:16 PM PST

    Here is my current build:

    • Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
    • MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
    • Corsair CS650M PSU
    • AMD Radeon 5700 (flashed with the 5700XT firmware)
    • Ryzen 5 3600
    • 16GB 3600Mhz G.Skill Ripjaws
    • Silicone Power 256GB M.2 NVME drive
    • 2TB Seagate Barracuda
    • Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO

    I am looking for suggestions on improving my build. I'm pretty tech savvy, but I don't stay up to date on PC building trends, parts, etc. I mostly use this PC for work, college, 3d printing, and gaming. I would say my budget is around $1000 USD for improvements. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Birdsnballoons
    [link] [comments]

    First build, need some advice if I did well or not

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 02:16 PM PST

    Hello all! I made this part list for gaming at 1080p, essentially AAA games and FPS. My question is.. does this build gonna be enough for it? And if not, what can I change from it to be affordable for the long-term?

    Thanks for all your responses.

    submitted by /u/agaboo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment