• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 27, 2020

    Build a PC: RTX 3070 review megathread

    Build a PC: RTX 3070 review megathread


    RTX 3070 review megathread

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 06:17 AM PDT

    The Daily Simple Questions thread can be found here


    The RTX 3070 is out, which means it's time for another review thread.

    PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS

    RTX 3090 RTX 3080 RTX 3070 Titan RTX RTX 2080Ti RTX 2080
    CUDA cores 10496 8704 5888 4608 4352 2944
    Base clock 1350MHz 1350MHz 1515MHz
    Boost clock 1700MHz 1710MHz 1730MHz 1770MHz 1545MHz 1710MHz
    Memory speed 19.5Gbps 19Gbps 14Gbps 14Gbps 14Gbps 14Gbps
    Memory bus 384-bit 320-bit 256-bit 384-bit 352-bit 256-bit
    Memory bandwidth 935GB/s 760GB/s 448GB/s 672GB/s 616GB/s 448GB/s
    Total VRAM 24GB GDDR6X 10B GDDR6X 8GB GDDR6 24GB GDDR6 11GB GDDR6 8GB GDDR6
    Single-precision throughput 36 TFLOPs 30 TFLOPs 20 TFLOPs 16.3 TFLOPs 13.4 TFLOPs 10.1 TFLOPs
    TDP 350W 320W 220W 280W 250W 215W
    Architecture AMPERE AMPERE AMPERE TURING TURING TURING
    Node Samsung 8NM Samsung 8NM Samsung 8NM TSMC 12NM TSMC 12NM TSMC 12NM
    Connectors HDMI2.1, 3xDP1.4a HDMI2.1, 3xDP1.4a HDMI2.1, 3xDP1.4a
    Launch MSRP USD $1499 $699 $499 $3000 $999-1199 $699

    REVIEWS

    Site Text Video
    Techpowerup link -
    Gamersnexus - link
    Computerbase.de link -
    Igor's Lab.de link
    Tom's Hardware link
    Hardware Unboxed/Techspot link link
    Linus Tech Tips - link
    pcgameshardware.de link -
    Eurogamer/Digital Foundry link link
    OC3D link link
    Kitguru link
    submitted by /u/KING_of_Trainers69
    [link] [comments]

    Is a 1660 super and a 3600x a good combination?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 04:58 AM PDT

    If I look online for this question people are saying the CPU will be bottlenecked for gaming. I don't plan on doing high end gaming so would this be okay?

    I would be using the pc for other things as well as gaming which is why I've chosen this cpu.

    Does this makes sense or am I not understanding something?

    Edit: Thanks for all the comment, they've really helped me decide.

    I'll most likely be getting the 1660 super with the standard Ryzen 3600 and a cooler if needed.

    submitted by /u/BurgerOfCheese
    [link] [comments]

    Finally ordered my PC parts!!!

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    I've wanted to build a pc since I was 15 (I'm 24 now) and I've been in a cycle of homelessness and never having enough money. I've finally got a place with enough room for a setup and after saving the past few months and researching the latest parts I've ordered my first ever gaming pc to be built by myself.

    I could not be more excited this feels like a childhood dream come true. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice along the way and reviewed my build. Everything should be coming Thursday I could not be more excited.

    Pc master race here I come!!!

    EDIT

    https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/8Yqmqp

    submitted by /u/Kicper17
    [link] [comments]

    I think I have peaked...

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 11:28 AM PDT

    I've been building computers since the late 90's when I was a wee boy. But last night... I really think I have outdone myself:

    https://imgur.com/a/wbrTTOG

    Nothing like troubleshooting abnormally high load temps on your fresh new 240mm AIO, spending hours researching message boards only to find some off-hand comment that sends you reeling from your desk in disbelief and shame, desperately searching for the discarded plastic layer somewhere on the floor... you surely were not so stupid to leave it on the heatsink... But no... you fool... this is who you are now.

    Ironically, my shame is replaced with joy after removing the defiled plastic, since I now can stop entertaining the idea of having to RMA myself into a depression. So I re-seat the cooler, a bit more evenly this time as well. Boot up windows... 90C?! 95C?! 100C?! FML.

    Oh. Forgot to plug in PWM header... This is who you are now...

    Happy ending: under 70C during prime95 torture at ~50% fan speed

    submitted by /u/clavicon
    [link] [comments]

    Could you check my build (3070 + 5600x)

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 04:56 AM PDT

    Hi. Could you check my build and give your thoughts? I'll use it for gaming, recording, streaming, and video editing. I'm trying to only spend $2000 ($1500USD) after tax.

    Here is the build, the cpu will be the Ryzen 5 5600x with stock cooler (it's not on pcpartpicker so I'm saying it here):

    https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/TGZsZZ

    submitted by /u/Movie-Connoisseur
    [link] [comments]

    GPU upgrade recommendations?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 04:58 AM PDT

    I'm currently planning on upgrading my last piece of my new build and I could use some suggestions.

    Currently my new build consists of:

    Ryzen 3 3100

    AsRock B450M Pro4

    Gigabyte 550W 80+ Bronze

    Masterbox Q300L (bad decision here I was tight on budget)

    GTX 950 (to be replaced)

    Because of my stupid decision to rush the case, I picked the Q300L and learned that oh boy the airflow is not too great but I'm stuck with it for the long haul. So I'm wanting to replace my GTX 950 with something a bit more future proof with a tight $300 budget if possible and of course the new GPU has to have great thermals with it being in an oven.

    Any recommendations? I prefer Nvidia as I've used it all my life but I'm not opposed to Radeon as long as it doesn't heat up my oven even more.

    I plan to play the latest CoD, and have my system ready for Diablo 4, Halo Infinite, the new CoD, and WoW Shadowlands right around the corner. 1080p only though.

    submitted by /u/Kaype92
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to GPU prices?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    Back in 2015 I built my PC with a R9 390 that I'm still running today. It cost the regional equivalent 350 of USD and that card along with the GTX 970 were tied for "the top end card for normal people"

    You had new cards all the way from the sub 250 dollar range to the 500+ USD. The 550 USD GTX 980 was what people considered the beginning of the enthusiast tier GPUs.

    Now I haven't kept a close eye on the GPU market since building my PC way back when, and I've only now thought of upgrading since new consoles means AAA games are no longer tier to the trash PS4/XB1 hardware from 2022 onwards and I'm a bit stunned by what I see.

    Now it seems like everything is at least 100-150 dollars more expensive across the board and new entry level and mid range GPUs are nowhere to be found.

    Am I wrong in thinking the 300 - 350 dollar GPUs available today do not offer the same value proposition they did in 2015, especially for those upgrading from cards like the GTX 970/R9 390 or GTX 1060/RX 480?

    I feel like I'm taking crazy pills entering a world where 500-700 USD is the new normal price for a "decent, should last you at least 5 years" kinda card?

    I thought I would upgrade my GPU this year but I think I won't be doing that until I see a card better than the Series X GPU at <350 USD

    submitted by /u/WritingWithSpears
    [link] [comments]

    My brother was hyped about buying a prebuild PC for 300€. I told him that ain't happening.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 06:56 AM PDT

    Okay, hear me out. I built my PC last year with a R9 3900X and a 2080S (all in all 2100€), he got my old PC (2015, 600€).

    My brother is 8 years younger than me. I'm 21, he's 13. It should be obvious that he doesn't have a lot of money just to throw out of the window. So when he told me he wants to buy a PC so he can play all that fancy games that I play (pegi 18 btw but my father doesn care) I had to grin and told him that I will support him as good as I can. Which I am definitely going to do, we don't buy prebuild we build it ourself! Since I know PC parts quite good I know that playing on an APU.. Is not your dream.

    But here comes the problem. He said he only wants to spend 300€ on a whole PC with GPU and everything. I told him that ain't gonna happen, he won't get all parts for that price. If he just wants to game high end I would help him out and give him money to buy a new console, easily big money worth of parts.

    He now claims I know nothing of PC's and sends me different 300€ PC's with claimed HIGH END PERFORMANCE on an almost daily basis. The sellers must know better right???

    I told him if he really wants to build a budget PC he should at least have around 600€, sweet spot would be 1000€ - 1300€.

    He thinks I'm just dumb and he knows better.

    That infused real doubt into my head... Can he be right?

    Is it possible to build a (1080p 60- 120fps) PC for 300 bucks? I thought Linus, Steve and DerB8uer said something else.

    Which vid. can I link him to proof my point? He's beginning to be really good in English and is keen to learn the language by watching english vids (so double plus if I had any)

    submitted by /u/Holiday_Major
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone with a 3080/3090 that didn't get a Watch Dog Legions code?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:22 PM PDT

    Hey guys, this sub helped me out a lot so I wanna give out two Watch Dog Legion codes I have. I'm under the impression only those with a card can redeem it right? If you don't have a code but have the card, post here and I'll randomly select 2 to get 'em.

    Edit: You must have the card in your build to work, please don't try to take this opportunity away from others. I will be asking for pics for proof.

    submitted by /u/irateworlock54
    [link] [comments]

    What graphics card?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 12:46 PM PDT

    So I have been wanting a graphics card for my system and was wondering if I should go with the rx 580 or the rx 570 that is $30 less and is a strix card that has rgb and better aesthetics. Both cards have 8gb of vram.

    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N2V1KJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_IEhMFbJ8T14VD)

    rx 580 gigabyte

    submitted by /u/BADDGAMING808
    [link] [comments]

    Building a budget rig for my brother for Christmas

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 09:34 AM PDT

    Hi there!

    For this Christmas, I wanted to surprise my brother (15) by building him a gaming pc. I felt that this was overdue given that earlier in the year I built my own rig and I built a new family computer since the old one was almost 8 years old, which my sister (12) now uses for gaming.

    While I had built these 2 rigs, my friend was the one that actually provided the parts for me, he gave the parts list, and then I built it. However this time I wanted to do it fully on my own so down below is the parts list I plan on using for his rig, let me know what yall think!

    I asked him what kind of games he would want to run and he mentioned that he wasnt interested in playing AAA titles so I gave him a lower end GPU to cut costs. Really hes only interested in playing lower end games like Minecraft and Among Us.

    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100

    Motherboard: ASRock A520M Micro ATX

    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB

    HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 3.5" 5400RPM

    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 TI

    Case: Darkflash DLM 21 MicroATX

    PSU: EVGA 400W

    OS: Windows 10 Home

    submitted by /u/Snakedog49
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about my PC

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    My budget for my Pc including my monitor is 1,100 dollars. Some people are telling me to change my graphics card. What should I choose for my graphics card? And what is a good monitor.

    This is my Pc: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tvHV68

    submitted by /u/AlternativeState707
    [link] [comments]

    Whats better max resolution on max settings 1080p or slightly lower settings but on 1440p?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    Was just curious to hear your guys take, I would assume 1440p is better cos of the sharpness and more pixels but would it be the case if I lower some settings in order to hit high fps??

    submitted by /u/mateyman
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone reccomend me a good GPU for Ryzen 3600 (CPU) and Aorus B450 Pro Wifi (Mobo). It's the last thing I need before I can start building.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    Have all the parts coming in tomorrow and the GPU is the last thing I need to buy. Was considering the 1660/1660TI. My monitor is 1080P and 144 mhz. Power Supply is 550pw.

    Does anyone reccomend the 580? Worried about bottlenecking since it's a couple years old.

    Main games I play are PS2-PS3 Emulators, Rogue Company, Nier Automata, FPS games.. JRPGs.. Waifu simulators etc.

    submitted by /u/illestjay1
    [link] [comments]

    It's done! Been asking questions for the last two months. Feels like a fam to me here

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    Part

    This is mine. MINE! HAHAHAHAA

    Thanks a lot anyways.

    submitted by /u/chizhi1234
    [link] [comments]

    Computer not turning on anymore

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 03:10 AM PDT

    Hey guys. So I'm at a total loss here after trying to problem solve this myself and I'm struggling to figure things out through other threads. A couple days ago my computer randomly turned off while I was playing Monster Hunter and will no longer turn on. After talking to my friend we came to the assumption that this was a PSU problem, so I replaced my EVGA 500 PSU with a EVGA 750 PSU and when I attempted to turn it on I got power to fans and a little bit to the mobo. Great, I thought, until I hooked up everything else and it wouldn't turn on again. And I was getting just flashes of light to the mobo so, then, I thought it might be the MOBO having an issue.

    So, probably stupid of me to not ask here first, but I just decided to upgrade from a basic Tomahawk to the Tomahawk Max and just now I got everything hooked up. I tried to turn it on and my power button flashed for a second and then turned off again. Another attempt to turn it on resulted in nothing. No light flashes, no fans, NOTHING. Now, I don't know what the heck the problem is....

    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/T7BdDx This is my basic pc part list, but as I've mentioned I've changed the PSU and the Mobo.

    Any tips for what the problem is? This was my first build so I have no idea what could be affecting the power like this. idk if the cpu could be the issue or the gpu or what...

    Could it be dust? Or did I hook something up wrong? AM I JUST AN IDIOT?? probably. but idk, I would appreciate some help. :(

    Picture of the Inside Please excuse the wire mess... Cable management has been in the back of my mind until I figure this out.

    submitted by /u/PixelateddPixie
    [link] [comments]

    Which 2060/S to buy in late Oct 2020?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 06:54 AM PDT

    Which 2060/S to buy in late Oct 2020?

    Pls dont mention - "3070 or new Radeon is coming out in few days" I dont have to patience and money to buy it.

    Therefore, I just sold my used 1660S at close to original price and need better GPU.

    Currently, I play on 25" 1080p 165hz ASUS but in the next 2 years will upgrade to 27" 1440p 144hz something. So, I need a GPU (2060 or 2060S) that has these priority checked (in order of importance)

    1. Good cooling 2. Low noise 3. Nice design & good base clock speed.

    Please list and advice. Thank you my good dudes.

    submitted by /u/bbjlfvr
    [link] [comments]

    Hoping to get a AMD Ryzen 5900x on release day, Motherboard suggestions?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 11:41 PM PDT

    Pretty much what the title says, I'm hopefully going to be able to get the 5900x on launch (if I haven't used all my luck up getting my 3080) and I'll need to pick up a motherboard to accompany it.

    Is there a certain board which is considered "the best", or that will complement the CPU best?

    submitted by /u/Thegazman141
    [link] [comments]

    I need a new CPU Cooler

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 05:38 AM PDT

    I got an intel core i5 661 and my pc is pretty old and the CPU is overheating. Now I have like no knowledge in this field so I got zero clue as to which cooler to get. my max budget is about 75 euros. I hope someone can recommend a decent cooler that will help me!

    submitted by /u/Jimtref
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for 3x120mm fans for intake with the CM TD500 Mesh.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    I finally built my PC and everything is perfect except for the 3x120mm ARGB fans in the front of the TD500 Mesh that make a continuous clicking noise even at low speeds...

    I tried searching this issue on Google and, as I expected, I'm not the only one having this issue.

    I don't want to return the case, too much hassle putting everything back in order again.

    It's a shame that this case has this problem because I mainly bought it for the three preinstalled fans and 100€ total seemed a good deal.

    Now I'm looking for 3x120mm airflow fans replacement. What are the best alternatives? I would like to spend no more than 40 MAX 50€ (half the case price), but less is better, so I think Noctua is out of the picture. I also would like them silent enough.

    Thanks in advance.

    EDIT: RGB is not required.

    submitted by /u/xDevi69
    [link] [comments]

    B550 for ryzen 5000?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 02:25 PM PDT

    YO. So I am planning to build a PC really soon. And I was wondering if the B550 motherboards ( Specifically b550-e by asus) are good for ryzen 5000. Because I am thinking of either getting the 5600x or a 3700x. As well as a rtx 3080 when they come back in stock. I wanted to know if the b550-e would be good enough because there is an ongoing cashback campaign and was thinking of buying it but wanted to check before I regret anything.

    submitted by /u/Slasherplays
    [link] [comments]

    How are you guys getting 3000 gen cards?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 06:53 AM PDT

    I check various stores online every (except eBay) and they are ALWAYS out of stock. For the guys who had 3000 gen cards, how are you guys even getting them? I'm getting a little impatient and grumpy with not being able to buy one...

    submitted by /u/SauteedAppleSauce
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with built PC

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 05:39 AM PDT

    I built this PC 3 years ago with my brother, yesterday the monitor randomly started looking like this. Is it a problem with the video card or something? Thank you for any help you can give. Monitor

    Here's the original build, I believe we bought the video card slightly used from a friend. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4p3d2R

    submitted by /u/Bbobbb
    [link] [comments]

    Graphics card connection

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 06:51 AM PDT

    This is probably a stupid question but does every graphics card have the same connection beacuse I currently have a gtx 1660 and I want to upgrade to a rtx 3070 so do all graphics card have the same connection to the motherboard

    submitted by /u/Alexj65
    [link] [comments]

    Need a bit of advice, been out the game too long.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I've had the same rig for about 4-5 years now.

    1. AMD R9 390 Nitro Sapphire
    2. AMD FX 8350 AM3+ (4.00ghz)
    3. ASUS M5A97 R2.0
    4. Corsair Vengence RAM 16GB, 667MHz. (Quite old now)

    Now I've just bought a 3440 x 1440 Monitor at 144hz, I can only get to 100hz and I think its my GPU that won't allow any further Refresh Rate. So I went and bought a AMD Radeon 5700 XT off the bounce hoping it would solve the problem (In the post haven't recieved it yet) I'm not sure if this will even solve the problem yet, I'm hoping it will but we'll see.

    Now, whilst i'm on an upgrade streak I used to hear the word Bottleneck quite alot when I was an avid PC Enthusiast but since I've had a family and work is none stop at the moment I rarely get much time to myself. I've found that not going to the pub anymore, or going out and about half as much as I used to I've realised I'm spending more and more time in front of the computer and constantly playing games.

    So my question is, I know that I'd have to upgrade my motherboard if I was to upgrade any of the CPU and RAM, with my new GPU coming would my entire PC with these specs be holding me back significantly? Or should I be okay for a few months?

    Thank you all for reading.

    submitted by /u/Bonebound
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment