• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 30, 2020

    Hardware support: "Find people in r/hardware who want to chat" is not affiliated with the r/hardware mods

    Hardware support: "Find people in r/hardware who want to chat" is not affiliated with the r/hardware mods


    "Find people in r/hardware who want to chat" is not affiliated with the r/hardware mods

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    The moderators of r/AskHistorians have a much longer explanation with admin response here: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/gakw51/in_30_minutes_at_830_pm_edt_raskhistorians_will/

    tl;dr: If you see a button that looks like this or the mobile equivalent, please be aware the chat is not moderated by us. If you decide to click it and have any issues, please contact the admins directly.

    submitted by /u/Echrome
    [link] [comments]

    Rumor: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 and 3080 Coming Q3 2020 + Specs

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    RTX Voice appears to be using CUDA 11

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    So i was trying to do CUDA profiling on the RTX Voice app. I wanted to see if it used FP16 calculations in its Neural Network (commonly called Tensor Core calculations)
    Here is the thing, FP16 calculations will work on Pascal, they are just not optimised, but they will not work (afaik) on 9xx series cards or older.

    While trying to trace this, the trace failed telling me that the CUDA version was Version 11... Considering the newest CUDA version currently out is version 10.2, this could signify a new CUDA release coming in the May 14 announcement. Or it could just be a bug in the tracing app... Either one is possible

    https://imgur.com/OdTS7oB

    submitted by /u/sackofail
    [link] [comments]

    [PR] VESA Releases Updated DisplayPort Alt Mode Spec to Bring DisplayPort 2.0 Performance to USB4 and New USB Type-C Devices

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    (TechSpot) AMD products now account for over 50% of premium CPU sales

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    The MediaTek Dimensity 1000 is the first mobile SoC to have a hardware-based AV1 video decoder

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    Don't Let Amazon's ‘Smart Oven’ Anywhere Near Your Kitchen

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    Device-Managed Shingled Magnetic Recording (DMSMR) - Western Digital blog post

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 07:01 PM PDT

    [VideoCardz] ASRock Z490 motherboard series pictured

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    [SemiWiki] - Can TSMC Maintain Their Process Technology Lead

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    Can we flash SMR firmware on CMR drives to increase capacity?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 02:21 PM PDT

    So...it is found that SMR and CMR share the same hardware, just different firmware.

    For example, if I have a 4TB CMR drive, is there any SMR firmware to flash, in order to make the HDD store 6TB in shingled pattern?

    submitted by /u/innofuel
    [link] [comments]

    can i run a 6 and 8 pins gbu with only 6 pin?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 04:22 AM PDT

    hi i have this very old pc that i'm upgrading it with a gbu (gtx 480) for my little bro to play with witch need 8pin and 6 pin and i have only 6pin cable coming from my psu is there any way i can run the gbu without buying a new psu ?

    submitted by /u/lilBoPeep6
    [link] [comments]

    HiSilicon overtakes Qualcomm as top China smartphone processor supplier

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    iRobot suspends plans to launch its robotic lawn mower

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 11:12 AM PDT

    Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Robots

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 02:42 AM PDT

    Samsung starts developing the 250 MP ISOCELL mobile image sensor

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 08:34 PM PDT

    MSX History: The Platform Microsoft Forgot

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 02:19 AM PDT

    The Thinkpad desktop keyboard is here

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    Supercomputer(ish)

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 09:42 PM PDT

    I believe my self to have a decent comprehension of computer basics, but I am slightly confused as to what truly constitutes a bonafide supercomputer. From what I understand at a base level, a supercomputer is capable of correctly doing numerous rapid calculations and rendering faster than any normal computer.

    So in its most basic terms, what is a supercomputer? Is it something that just possesses excess cores and a plethora of memory when compared to an average laptop? What are the parts "necessary" to create one that separates it from the norm?

    (Please educate me if I have misspoke on anything above, Im not a computer or hardware genius by any means - just curious. Thanks for the replies in advance :)

    submitted by /u/Kings-Creed
    [link] [comments]

    Turning Working Laptop into Working Desktop

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 02:51 AM PDT

    Hey,

    I have a desktop PC, double monitor, keyboard, mouse. And I looking for a new laptop for work.

    The thing is that I need to have Ubuntu (for working) in my laptop, and Windows in my PC (for gaming). But, the double monitor is a great advantage for working.

    Is there a way of using my laptop in my two monitors? Like, I want to be using my PC, I connect my laptop to my desktop (using thunderbolt or smthing), and immediately start using my laptop through my desktop (I wont need to change any cable, like mouse or keyboard).

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/Vollous
    [link] [comments]

    Which gpu should I use and when?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 02:52 AM PDT

    If I have 2 GPU on my hp laptop(one from Nvidia 930Mx and an intel uhd 620)which one should I use?Should I use the 930Mx only when gaming or should I use the better one(930Mx) always?

    submitted by /u/vld4k
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment